Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • se999
    • By se999 16th Aug 05, 9:20 PM
    • 2,404Posts
    • 13,463Thanks
    se999
    BBC Masterchef Online Course
    • 16th Aug 05, 9:20 PM
    BBC Masterchef Online Course 16th Aug 05 at 9:20 PM
    Hi,

Just spotted it on BBC Lifestyle, and thought it might be useful to some people here.

Has 5 modules:

"1. Food hygiene
    2. Food deliveries and stock rotation
    3. Knife handling and safety
    4. Food purchasing and budgeting
    5. Patisserie and presentation techniques"

It says each takes between 15 & 30 minutes, followed by 10 multi-choice questions.

It says it's for people at home or as a bit of a taster for one's thinking of catering as a profession.

Anyway here's the link, maybe someone will sign up and find out what it's like and let us know

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/tv_and_radio/masterchef/modules_index.shtml
Page 1
    • apprentice tycoon
    • By apprentice tycoon 16th Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    apprentice tycoon
    • 16th Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    • 16th Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    confession time - I trained in the catering trade 30 years ago so I didn't actually read the modules, I just did the 5 tests, some of the questions were really obvious, others less so but it was a bit of a quick refresher and a lot would be useful for the home, not just the work place
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

209Posts Today

2,171Users online

Martin's Twitter