IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vcs ccj stage

Hello I'm completely new to this forum and it will be my first time in trying to appeal again parking ticket, abit of background first..

I was volunteering at my local school for my teaching assistant course back in FEB 2016 as there were no parking spaces in the school car park I parked in the "other bit" ( coop and private nursery share all this space) i was over the 2 hour limit so they ticketed me.
I rang them up and told them the situation but it just went over their heads... Fast forward 4 YEARS :mad: I've received 3 letters from them wanting £185 I've had the notice of recovery and the CCJ court one... I've tried to figure out what to do next but like I said I'm completely new and not up to date with all the shortened words you all use :embarasse:
Do I have a chance on having a successful case? Please help me. Thanks.

Comments

• Tank40
    Tank40 Posts: 56
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is the "CCJ court one" a Letter before Action (LBA)?
  • No sorry its judgement for claiment (in default)
    Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    So did you get a court claim form? A judgement in default means you either never got he court claim form, and so they win by default, or you got it and didnt send a defence to the court, so they won by default.

What is the date on the judgement?
  • Yea I got one.. I ignored it as it looked fake
  • 9th Jan is the date
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,162
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    But what is the date on the judgment? This is important as, if it is less than thirty days ago, you can still pay and avoid the CCJ trashing your credit!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If the date of judgement was the 9th of Jan, and you *ignored a court claim form* then PAY UP, in full, today if you can
    Get a receipt

You have zero chance with a set aside. None. Because you decided to ignore a court claim form, without even taking the obvious step of calling the CCBC to see if it was legit.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,162
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Laura2501 wrote: »
    9th Jan is the date
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    But what is the date on the judgment? This is important as, if it is less than thirty days ago, you can still pay and avoid the CCJ trashing your credit!
    We cross posted but with a judgment date of 9th January you are in time to pay before the 30 days are up. As advised above, do it today and get that receipt to send to the court.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    So you ignored an official court document because it looked fake?
    Why did it look fake ? How did you make that decision?
    I despair.....
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    In the past, one parking company did, for a time start sending out fake court papers.
    I'm not sure what parking company this was (trevor whithouses lot??) however if evidence of this can be found it could be used as a reason for a set aside, however it will be an uphill struggle as the court papers were ignored without checking to see if they were valid
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure