PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Shored ownership buying Another

Hi
I am currently own a shared ownership house in London for nearly 4 years , can I buy any other property as buy to let in England ?

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    why would you want to?
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You can see the paperwork with whoever owns the rest of your current SO property. What does it say?
  • dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,712
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Why not !
    if you have the deposit and Income to get a BTL mortgage with a BTL lender.
    Where you live is not that important anymore.
    Getting through all the other hoops with becoming a Landlord maybe more fun
  • williom
    williom Posts: 10 Forumite
    chanz4 wrote: »
    why would you want to?

I was thinking about buying more share in current property but it costing too much and going through all expenses again ie solicitor fee , new mortgage fee and hassle etc , so I thought to buy another buy to let instead,
  • williom
    williom Posts: 10 Forumite
    dimbo61 wrote: »
    Why not !
    if you have the deposit and Income to get a BTL mortgage with a BTL lender.
    Where you live is not that important anymore.
    Getting through all the other hoops with becoming a Landlord maybe more fun

Thanks for your help , 2 years ago I spoke to my mortgage broker on that time she advised while you having shared ownership house you can not buy any other since then I never thought abt it but now I thought to find some useful information here.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    williom wrote: »
    Thanks for your help , 2 years ago I spoke to my mortgage broker on that time she advised while you having shared ownership house you can not buy any other since then I never thought abt it but now I thought to find some useful information here.
    more likely your wires are crossed

most (but not all obviously) shared ownerships will require you to use the property as your main home.
    Your plan implies you intended carry on doing so, therefore I can't see a reason why they can stop you from spending your own money on a property you will not be residing in because it will be a BTL whilst you own it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure