Dyson v11 absolute amazing product

Dyson v11 absolute is an amazing product. Yes it costs a lot of money. I paid £499.00 (discounted black Friday) just before Christmas so we could give whole house a good clean. We usually wash what carpets we have with vax washer.

I cant believe how much dirt this picks up even when we have had two Dysons in house one of which we now given away.

On the Torque Drive Motorhead if you close the two slots at front it literately sucks carpet up and remove ground in dirt my two dysons missed. We tried this on full power but even on eco and auto modes they still suck up dirt you cant see with naked eye.

The only carpets we have is stairs/landing and one bedroom (3 bed house) it was also good as removing ground in dirt on a large rug we vaccumed with other Dyson and have washed before with the vax.

Before we got the V11 we did buy a 32v Vax blade around £160 at the time, absolute terrible machine in every way, bin very small pain in backside to clean filters, a real pain. Doesnt pick up much stuff at all.

Moral in this story is you get what you pay for. Yes Dysons are expensive, very expensive but a lot of that has come in a brilliant product in every way and research.

Oh and I dont get paid for this one bit no connection with Dyson

Comments

• :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's brilliant, James, just brilliant. Keep 'em coming!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

There's no need for that.
    The OP is a long time member of MSE with lots of posts.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite

wow, thats funny !!!
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Totally agree with Op. We bought one in black Friday sales £499 but it is a great machine and cleans far better than our old dyson ball.

Also to Rolling moon. Op is long time poster with over 3000 posts.

You have 37, to infer OP is James Dyson is ridiculous and your post is childish.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,442
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Glad to hear Dyson are still making some good machines. The hand held we bought is only really good for picking up cob webs, and I had read that they were only making battery operated models now. Shan't discount them completely when my current plug in Dyson eventually dies.

Thanks OP for this useful post.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2019 at 11:11AM
    Thats was almost funny. Dont give up your day job though to become a comedian.

oh and I see you real reason you wanted to have a dig was your bad experience in the product and decided to vent it on me yawn.

Oh here is my receipt from Argos via online £450 with staff discount (wife, Mrs Dyson) and black Friday Although of course I had to disguise myself as someone else don't want to be seen as James

Capture.jpg

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76538589&postcount=22

I only posted this because I am giving a truthful account of the product, yes its very expensive vacuum cleaner but if you cared to see online reviews unbiased ones that take a in-depth analyses it comes out usually on top even after 9 months of usage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qn-zJQ1dQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-1d8T0mmY&t=1510s

• savemoney
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2019 at 11:15AM
    Yes thats right all the research is going into battery operated and have invested large sums of money into battery research too

Nick_C wrote: »
    Glad to hear Dyson are still making some good machines. The hand held we bought is only really good for picking up cob webs, and I had read that they were only making battery operated models now. Shan't discount them completely when my current plug in Dyson eventually dies.

Thanks OP for this useful post.
  • savemoney
    Forumite
    They will be back at school soon. To be honest I dont post much now because of trolls like them and ungrateful people who cant be @rsed to thank you when you try to help them. I usually dont want to waste my time with them anymore.

Pollycat wrote: »
    There's no need for that.
    The OP is a long time member of MSE with lots of posts.
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    +1 Dyson v11 - very positive experience from me too.
  • savemoney
    Forumite
    Me too I am amazed how much ingrain dirt it lifted, My large rug just keeps giving dirt all time even though I washed it. Because you can alter the suction via the gates on the brush, when the gates are down I can suck carpet up never had this before with any vacuum cleaner including Dysons corded

I bought some zorb cleaner when it comes to clean a few bits of dirt that wont go

tgon wrote: »
    +1 Dyson v11 - very positive experience from me too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure