ESA Re assessment

Quick question.
On citizens advice bereau it says re assessments are usually every 1,2 or 3 years.

Is this from the date the form was received or from the date the decision was made ? Thanks :beer:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ESA reassessments can take place any time after 3 months from the decision date.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,847
    Forumite
    If they have given you a timescale, it's just a guide and nothing more.
  • venomx
    venomx Posts: 1,118
    Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    If they have given you a timescale, it's just a guide and nothing more.

No timescale I just did some googling

Even if you phone them they won't know when the assessment is likely to be will they?
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    venomx wrote: »
    No timescale I just did some googling

Even if you phone them they won't know when the assessment is likely to be will they?
    They will give you a timescale but it doesn't mean anything at all because as calcotti has correctly advised, they can reassess you anytime from 3 months.
  • venomx
    Forumite
    OK thanks
    For the past 3 years it's been approx 1 year in between each one. But prior to that I cannot remember due to my mental health at the time

I'll just accept it for what it is until they contact me then
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    venomx wrote: »
    I'll just accept it for what it is until they contact me then
    Yup, that's what i usually do.
  • tinacee1
    tinacee1 Posts: 43
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was in the town where my ESA Assessment was to take place on Saturday (yes Saturday) 30th November. I had rang previously to check if this was correct as I was surprised it was a weekend and they said that was correct. My appointment was for 3:00 pm but it was stated on the appointment letter to be there 10 minutes before the 3:00 slot given to me. I received a call at 2:23 pm (which I nearly didn't answer as it was an unfamiliar number) and it was someone from the Assessment Centre to tell me not to come as they were unable to see me. I was shocked and told her that I was walking towards the Centre and that I had just come off a bus with my sister after a journey of 1 hour and 20 minutes (frozen as the bus had no heating ) She apologised and said I would hear from them with a new appointment. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. I think that I have been treated very poorly.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    tinacee1 wrote: »
    I was in the town where my ESA Assessment was to take place on Saturday (yes Saturday) 30th November. I had rang previously to check if this was correct as I was surprised it was a weekend and they said that was correct. My appointment was for 3:00 pm but it was stated on the appointment letter to be there 10 minutes before the 3:00 slot given to me. I received a call at 2:23 pm (which I nearly didn't answer as it was an unfamiliar number) and it was someone from the Assessment Centre to tell me not to come as they were unable to see me. I was shocked and told her that I was walking towards the Centre and that I had just come off a bus with my sister after a journey of 1 hour and 20 minutes (frozen as the bus had no heating ) She apologised and said I would hear from them with a new appointment. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. I think that I have been treated very poorly.
    It would have been better to start a new thread with your question. Asking questions on someone else's thread causes confusion because people thread the first question and answer that.

To answer your question here, yes assessments do take place on the weekend, especially if backlogs are long in your area. It's also known for them to take place on a Sunday.

You won't be the first person to have their assessment canceled at the last minute. People have even arrived at the assessment centre and then been told it's canceled. These things happen, especially if people being assessed before you have taken longer than expected.

As the appointment was quite far from your home, you could have rang to cancel for an appointment closer to home.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    tinacee1 wrote: »

Assessors may be ill but this does not excuse the late time of contacting you.

You can complain:
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

I would also copy your letter to the DWP so that they are aware of what happened.

At the very least your complaint should be part of the statistics collected about the assessment centre.

Do make sure you keep your receipts from your bus journeys so you can at least claim back for the wasted journey as well as for your new assessment.

These things happen in all organisations but they should have a duty to inform you as soon as possible.
  • venomx
    Forumite
    Can you not just call up and arrange for the assessment when it suits you ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure