Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • activeits
    • By activeits 6th Jan 08, 5:05 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    activeits
    • 6th Jan 08, 5:05 PM
    • 6th Jan 08, 5:05 PM
    Wow, thanks for the update. I have just got the paper work to set-up my new account.

I think I will look elsewhere, like ICICI

Thanks
    "I am where i am because i believe in all possibilities" - Whoopi Goldberg
    • CrazyIndianZA
    • By CrazyIndianZA 6th Jan 08, 6:47 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    CrazyIndianZA
    • 6th Jan 08, 6:47 PM
    • 6th Jan 08, 6:47 PM
    Just out of curiousity, why did the AA become a public company ? In South Africa, the AA is a semi-charity i.e. the AA serves motorists rather than its shareholders.

Maybe the AA should be nationalised!
  • Fairycake
    • 9th Jan 08, 11:56 AM
    • 9th Jan 08, 11:56 AM
    The AA aren't doing too well in my book. I am on a re-payment plan and have paid an agreed amount to my credit card and they are now saying that as a year has passed this is no longer current and are applying interest and charges.... nightmare company.
    • podoman
    • By podoman 9th Jan 08, 11:19 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    podoman
    • 9th Jan 08, 11:19 PM
    • 9th Jan 08, 11:19 PM
    Well i am surprised (NOT), given the appalling way the AA have treated me (a member of over 25 years) when buying car insurance from them I would believe they even did human sacrifices each morning now.
    • Lord
    • By Lord 10th Jan 08, 8:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lord
    • 10th Jan 08, 8:10 PM
    • 10th Jan 08, 8:10 PM
    I opened an online savings account with the AA to take advantage of their great (?) rate. The AA did not tell me that the interest rate had dropped (in fact to 5.8% on that account) at the beginning of January and that to get the latest interest rate of 6.25% a saver has to open a new account (new issue) and transfer the funds. in order to get my account changed I called their customer service department (don't do it on-line) who did what they call a "product switch":rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
    • pink princess
    • By pink princess 2nd Jun 12, 5:50 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 34,899 Thanks
    pink princess
    • 2nd Jun 12, 5:50 PM
    • 2nd Jun 12, 5:50 PM
    Boy you can tell the AA is no longer a mutual but instead part of a big corporate company. Its latest act is an absolute disgrace! Take a look at this:
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
    • socrates
    • By socrates 2nd Jun 12, 6:49 PM
    • 2,805 Posts
    • 1,716 Thanks
    socrates
    • 2nd Jun 12, 6:49 PM
    • 2nd Jun 12, 6:49 PM
    Boy you can tell the AA is no longer a mutual but instead part of a big corporate company. Its latest act is an absolute disgrace! Take a look at this:
    Originally posted by pink princess
    You do know this thread is 4 years old!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,003Posts Today

8,625Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin