Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • planteria
    • By planteria 26th Aug 19, 8:03 PM
    • 5,118Posts
    • 1,144Thanks
    planteria
    Last chance PPI Claims
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:03 PM
    Last chance PPI Claims 26th Aug 19 at 8:03 PM
    i am almost certain that i've never paid for PPI.
    i have had lots of credit cards, but i've never knowingly paid for protection of my balance..
    i had an interest only mortgage, but i don't think i had protection for that either..
    but a chap i know has allowed a search to be done on his behalf, believing he'd had no PPI, and they've come up with the fact that he did..
    so i'm looking to do a late check..
    the Resolver tool is being recommended, but it requires quite a lot of info, and is worded on the basis of knowing that you Did have PPI.. what's the best way to check if i did with a string of credit providers?
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Aug 19, 8:06 PM
    • 35,636 Posts
    • 41,790 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:06 PM
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:06 PM
    Same as the CMC , scatter gun approach
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • planteria
    • By planteria 26th Aug 19, 8:11 PM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    planteria
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:11 PM
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:11 PM
    i don't know what you mean, sorry..
    oh, CMC is Claims Management Company?
    would you use Resolver or try to contact them individually?

and is anyone aware of any credit card providers that always/usually included PPI?
    Last edited by planteria; 26-08-2019 at 8:46 PM.
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 26th Aug 19, 8:45 PM
    • 3,701 Posts
    • 3,535 Thanks
    brettcta
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:45 PM
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:45 PM
    Get a pen and paper, write down every single lender you can remember or have documentation for and send in a complaint to them directly via their own websites by 11.59pm on Thursday 29 August.

At this stage, 3 days away, it’s your only option.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for 6.34)
    • planteria
    • By planteria 26th Aug 19, 8:54 PM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    planteria
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:54 PM
    • 26th Aug 19, 8:54 PM
    i've used Resolver for the two mortgages i had on an apartment.
    they were interest only..
    initially, with HSBC, who i've written to via Resolver,
    and then with Standard Life Bank, who sold their mortgage business to Barclays, who i've written to via Resolver. but there's no 'morgage' option for SLB on Resolver.
    Last edited by planteria; 26-08-2019 at 9:31 PM.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 26th Aug 19, 9:29 PM
    • 10,520 Posts
    • 14,782 Thanks
    -taff
    • 26th Aug 19, 9:29 PM
    • 26th Aug 19, 9:29 PM
    Resolver is notoriously glitchy. You are going through a middleman that may or may not send your complaint in time. Go direct.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 27th Aug 19, 8:45 AM
    • 6,442 Posts
    • 7,619 Thanks
    societys child
    • 27th Aug 19, 8:45 AM
    • 27th Aug 19, 8:45 AM
    and is anyone aware of any credit card providers that always/usually included PPI?
    If any did, you would have known about it (unless you never read your statements).

If you paid any PPI on a credit card it would have been itemised clearly on the monthly statement(s).

• SonOf
    • By SonOf 27th Aug 19, 8:52 AM
    • 1,524 Posts
    • 1,803 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 27th Aug 19, 8:52 AM
    • 27th Aug 19, 8:52 AM
    The mortgages would have had a separate direct debit for any PPI. it would not have been built into the mortgage. Also, if you used a mortgage broker, adviser or estate agent, the lender wouldnt have any liability for complaint made regarding insurances.

On credit cards, you only paid PPI if you had it and you borrowed on the card. If you repay the card each month then no PPI is charged.
    • meanderr
    • By meanderr 27th Aug 19, 7:19 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    meanderr
    • 27th Aug 19, 7:19 PM
    • 27th Aug 19, 7:19 PM
    I used Resolver today for a PPI claim against Lombard, and got a response a few hours later from Lombard saying my claim has been logged...So at least I have beat the deadline for claiming..I knew all my PPI details acc numbers and dates..So it was easy to fill in the claim form online...Fingers crossed...
    • planteria
    • By planteria 11th Sep 19, 11:24 AM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    planteria
    good luck meanderr..

i'm next to certain that there were no items like that societys child.. i have queried a pound or so in interest on the rare occasion it's cropped up on a credit card

i didn't know that PPI would have been a separate DD, alongside a mortgage, SonOf, so i am even more sure that i didn't have PPI with HSBC or SL/Barclays mortgages.

i went with Resolver, and haven't heard anything since initial emails to confirm forms received. but i don't think i'm at risk of missing out on anything.

thank you again for all responses.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Sep 19, 9:12 PM
    • 24,769 Posts
    • 14,291 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    i went with Resolver, and haven't heard anything since initial emails to confirm forms received. but i don't think i'm at risk of missing out on anything.
    Originally posted by planteria
    Did those initial E-Mails come from the lender or were they just automated acknowledgements from Resolver?

Regardless, as you say, it doesn't sound as if you had any PPI..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

2,396Users online

Martin's Twitter