Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • scoobylou
    • 4th Aug 05, 9:48 PM
    • 4th Aug 05, 9:48 PM
    oh and some stilton nearly forgot.
    • quietheart
    • By quietheart 4th Aug 05, 9:51 PM
    • 1,816 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    quietheart
    • 4th Aug 05, 9:51 PM
    • 4th Aug 05, 9:51 PM
    I do a ridiculously simple Brie meal: boil some pasta, drain it, add some just steamed brocolli, throw in some chunks of brie, put a lid on the pan and give it a few minutes for the brie to melt in (doesn't need to be on the heat, just make sure the pasta is just drained from boiling). Give it a stir up and you have a lovely creamy brie and brocolli pasta, kids love it!
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    • 4th Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    • 4th Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    They should be OK in the freezer for a couple of months.
    Particularly if you defrost them in the refrigerator slowly.
    Or maybe if you are going to use them for cooking only partially defrost them, does make brie easier to handle if it's partially frozen.
  • competitionscafe
    • 6th Aug 05, 5:00 PM
    • 6th Aug 05, 5:00 PM
    Bacon and brie melts are nice - get some bread rolls/bread of your choice (white, granary..) fry/grill bacon, split rolls in half top with bacon, top with cheese, grill until cheese melts, eat. yummmy!
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
    • blue-kat
    • By blue-kat 6th Aug 05, 6:17 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    blue-kat
    • 6th Aug 05, 6:17 PM
    • 6th Aug 05, 6:17 PM
    if there's too much to eat now, how about having a cook in to stock up the freezer?

broc + stilton soup

I had a very nice ready made dinner from Tesco, brie + potato bake.
    -
    • Smiley_Mum
    • By Smiley_Mum 6th Aug 05, 6:34 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 2,914 Thanks
    Smiley_Mum
    • 6th Aug 05, 6:34 PM
    • 6th Aug 05, 6:34 PM
    You took the words right out of my mouth, Competitions, or rather the Brie and bacon melts, very tasty.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
    • chrislee765
    • By chrislee765 6th Aug 05, 9:19 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    chrislee765
    • 6th Aug 05, 9:19 PM
    • 6th Aug 05, 9:19 PM
    rovers thanks. I made my dinner today pasta, brie and some tuna instead of the brocolli. Bit of garlic bread... mmm.

Ive put the rest in the fridge.. could have for dinner tomorrow night (only need a light dinner after a roast dinner)
    -------
    Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
    -------
    • quietheart
    • By quietheart 11th Aug 05, 6:38 PM
    • 1,816 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    quietheart
    • 11th Aug 05, 6:38 PM
    • 11th Aug 05, 6:38 PM
    rovers thanks. I made my dinner today pasta, brie and some tuna instead of the brocolli. Bit of garlic bread... mmm.

Ive put the rest in the fridge.. could have for dinner tomorrow night (only need a light dinner after a roast dinner)
    by chrislee765
    Great - must try that one myself!
    • lucylou
    • By lucylou 11th Aug 05, 9:17 PM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    lucylou
    how about fried brie with cranberry sauce?

Just beat an egg up dip brie and then cover in breadcrums and frie (or bake in oven) and add some cranberry sauce on the side
    half scottish half italian :100%moneysaver
  • Noozan
    We like it stuffed in mushrooms. Just take out the stalks from small button mushrooms (use stalks for soup or stock) stuff with brie, dip in egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry. Lovely with a dollop of cranberry sauce and salad.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • Noozan
    We like it stuffed in mushrooms. Just take out the stalks from small button mushrooms (use stalks for soup or stock) stuff with brie, dip in egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry. Lovely with a dollop of cranberry sauce and salad.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
    • Aril
    • By Aril 12th Aug 05, 12:23 PM
    • 1,880 Posts
    • 16,730 Thanks
    Aril
    Cheese fondue with hunks of French bread for dipping into it
    Regards
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!

Not Buying It 2016
  • magnolia65
    I know this is an old thread but like myself I have Brie left over from christmas I like it in a crusty baquette with chopped walnuts sprinkled into the baquette and this for some strange reason goes down well with a fresh cafetiere of coffee.
    Not in debt at the moment, but been there in the past and realise I'm the kind of person who could easily fall back into it with the self destructing spending button so making sure I keep on top of being a good girl.

2.00 saver club = 46.00
    1.00 Friday saver club = 5.00
    • thriftmonster
    • By thriftmonster 1st Jan 07, 4:59 PM
    • 1,653 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    thriftmonster
    It's also nice on pizza in thin slices, especially one with aa veggie topping
    • skintlass
    • By skintlass 1st Jan 07, 5:03 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 1,823 Thanks
    skintlass
    my friend once made me avocado halves with brie in the centre bit wrapped in bacon (or parma ham) and cooked in the oven - it was delicious and introduced me to brie
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.
    • thriftmonster
    • By thriftmonster 1st Jan 07, 5:09 PM
    • 1,653 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    thriftmonster
    Brie and broccoli lasagne - layer steamed broccoli, slices of brie, lasagne sheets and either a bechamel or tomato sauce in a dish. Finish with a layer of sauce and sprinle with parmesan (or cheddar etc) Bake for about 40 mins at 180C. Can be made earlier in the day and baked as required
    • shoppingnoodles
    • By shoppingnoodles 1st Jan 07, 6:50 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    shoppingnoodles
    I had loads of leftover brie from Christmas and made this the other day, using up odds and bods from the fridge.

I put a chunk of brie and some chopped cherry tomatoes into the middle of a couple of big flat portobello mushrooms. Then I wrapped them in a few slices of black forest ham from Lidl (like Palma ham, but a smokier taste) and baked them for about 20 mins. To go with them I made a coleslaw type salad with strips of raw parsnip, carrot, beetroot and grated white cabbage in a half mayonaise/half greek yoghurt dressing.

It was absolutely yummy (even though I do say so myself!).
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 1st Jan 07, 7:07 PM
    • 10,421 Posts
    • 63,837 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    Brie and cranberry sauce sandwiches is lovely.
  • LJM
    mmmm brie in mushrooms wrapped in parma ham or bacon they are gorgeous MIL cooked these for me whilst we were away at xmas
    Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,241Posts Today

7,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter Poll: Being honest, do you take into account the environment impact when you choose to book a flight?

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Do you need to show your boarding pass at the airport? And how to make 'em pay you for doing it... https://t.co/g5biFxotXF

• Follow Martin