Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Unimum2019
    • By Unimum2019 11th Jul 19, 5:34 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Unimum2019
    CPR help please?
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:34 PM
    CPR help please? 11th Jul 19 at 5:34 PM
    Hello,

I have submitted CPR and am awaiting tilde outcome of that but thebwait is so stressful!

In 2002 I started uni for a BA degree and left half way through due to anxiety/panic attacks/depression and it was so bad that I couldnít leave my room to go to lectures.
    I then reapplied to the same uni to start again the following year and during the break I got counselling, medication etc and spoke with the uni...they agreed to put me into smaller less intimidating halls with a smaller group of people so September 2003 I tried again but the same problems came up and I left again. Both times I was advised by my doctor to leave and seek help with my issues before trying again.

Then in September 2015 I enrolled onto a. Open university course and literally a month after I fell ill and was hospitalised with bacterial meningitis...I withdrew as my recovery was long and complicated!

I have now applied again (Iím due some luck right?) and SFE told me I could only get funding for the 3rd year of my new degree. My GP has written a letter confirming that at those times I was struggling terribly with anxiety/depression and panicked attacks and that it meant that I couldnít leave my room etc. She has stated that both times I left on the advice of my doctor and that I had been very poorly. The uni has none of my records anymore due to the length of time that has passed and GDPR.
    My GP also addresses the need for my recovery after the meningitis and how that impacted my health.

So now Iím half way through the wait for a reply and Iím so anxious. Does anyone know if I stand a chance of getting 2 years gifted back to me so that i can finally
    Complete my degree?? I have a place ready and waiting at a new uni. Itís been a long time coming!!

Thanks in advance x
Page 1
    • Unimum2019
    • By Unimum2019 11th Jul 19, 5:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Unimum2019
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:39 PM
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:39 PM
    I should have added that my GP states I’m well and able now ☺️
    • Unimum2019
    • By Unimum2019 11th Jul 19, 5:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Unimum2019
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:48 PM
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:48 PM
    That should have said I left half way through the first year (don’t seem to be able to edit!!).

So to clarify I did not complete a year at all at any point!
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 12th Jul 19, 7:56 AM
    • 39,279 Posts
    • 163,170 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 12th Jul 19, 7:56 AM
    • 12th Jul 19, 7:56 AM
    That should have said I left half way through the first year (donít seem to be able to edit!!).

So to clarify I did not complete a year at all at any point!
    Originally posted by Unimum2019
    If you received funding for any part of the academic year it counts as a funded year.

So on a course of 3 years, your total funding entitlement is for 3 yrs + 1= 4 years and you have had 3 years already, so 1 year's entitlement is all you have left. This is always funded from the end of your course, so it would be the last year.

It seems that you will need to fund the first 2 years yourself, have you any savings you could use?
    • Unimum2019
    • By Unimum2019 12th Jul 19, 8:42 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Unimum2019
    • 12th Jul 19, 8:42 AM
    • 12th Jul 19, 8:42 AM
    Thanks for your reply...no I donít have savings to use. I understand the calculations...I was looking for some advice on the CPR side of things really ☺️ Thanks again!!
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 13th Jul 19, 5:23 PM
    • 6,886 Posts
    • 5,161 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 13th Jul 19, 5:23 PM
    • 13th Jul 19, 5:23 PM
    It is possible to get 2 years CPR but nobody here can say if you will get it. Each case is dealt with on a case by case basis so it depends on who deals with your application. of CPR.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

3,460Users online

Martin's Twitter