Naked adsl broadband

Comments

• james_smitha
    james_smitha Posts: 397
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    brewerdave there are a couple of ways of discovering Sky log in details. The easiest centers around the mac address, that I have been trying but with out success
  • james_smitha
    Forumite
    Colin_Maybe many thanks for the idea around the TPLink VR900, I shall check that out today as it looks like being an indoor type of day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Colin_Maybe many thanks for the idea around the TPLink VR900, I shall check that out today as it looks like being an indoor type of day.

I have heard of this before but just a quick Google brings up the likes of the following https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=95&t=1774071
  • james_smitha
    Forumite
    Colin_Maybe I've had a read of your link, looks good for fibre but not ADSL that I use for just me.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    aren't they all compatible these days?

i'm using a sky asdl router on fibre and getting fibre speed
  • james_smitha
    Forumite
    AndyPK I don't doubt that the connection devices will work with fibe or ADSL for ease of manufacture and costs. What I meant earlier was that the link was aimed at Fibre. I may as a last resort investigate cheaper fibre and reluctantly give up ADSL, but not before Autumn/ Fall
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Colin_Maybe I've had a read of your link, looks good for fibre but not ADSL that I use for just me.

Yes, sorry. I only realised after the fact that ADSL MAY be different. There does seem to be some confusion around that point.

As a side note for anyone using NowTV fibre rather than Sky it works the same but you have to replace @skydsl with @nowtv in the user name field.

So for NowTV fibre:-

In the username field, enter abcdefgh@nowtv
    In the password field, enter 1234567890abcdef
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    but we can interchange sky and now routers on fibre without changing anything?

OP - I would stick to ASDL.
    Just been looking at fibre prices. On the 2nd year with a calls package they appear to cost £44/month ! (so £36 without calls)
  • james_smitha
    Forumite
    Andypk that is royally expensive. £36 just for Fibre, might you be thee Sultan of Brunai?
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you ever had this non-Sky router working on Sky?

brewerdave there are a couple of ways of discovering Sky log in details. The easiest centers around the mac address, that I have been trying but with out success

I think this is the method I used:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcsmYX7eEQ

The username, password and MAC address need to be set correctly for your router to connect.

My Sky ADSL connection is currently working fine with my non-Sky router. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure