Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chandmoon
    • By Chandmoon 16th May 19, 8:29 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chandmoon
    metrolink car park/ parking charge notice for parking in an electric bay without elect
    • 16th May 19, 8:29 PM
    metrolink car park/ parking charge notice for parking in an electric bay without elect 16th May 19 at 8:29 PM
    As the title suggests i parked in an electric bay at a metrolink car park .however the bay was blank no sign to say this is for electric vehicle.

There was a post that said electric charging points only.
    However it was not in front of the bay I barked in. Also the sign only said cctv in operation for security purposes. The other sign said disabled badge holders only. Failure to comply will result in PCN but only about disabled badge bays..
    It's a free car park

Is it wise just to ignore everything . Not appeal and just ignore further letters.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th May 19, 8:35 PM
    • 39,862 Posts
    • 88,866 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th May 19, 8:35 PM
    • 16th May 19, 8:35 PM
    First, edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper who are two different people.

Then read the sticky thread for NEWBIES that will answer all your questions. You will find it just underneath where you clicked on the button and it asks you to read it first before you start a new thread.

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 16-05-2019 at 8:37 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 8:44 PM
    • 73,782 Posts
    • 86,002 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 8:44 PM
    • 16th May 19, 8:44 PM
    Is it wise just to ignore everything
    No. It's wise to appeal as keeper (NOT DRIVER) as per the sticky thread:

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST

The one in capitals calling everyone not to start a new thread, but to read it first & win.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Chandmoon
    • By Chandmoon 17th May 19, 10:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chandmoon
    • 17th May 19, 10:34 PM
    • 17th May 19, 10:34 PM
    Thank you for your replies.i have read the posts in newbies but I am still not clear!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th May 19, 9:03 AM
    • 23,796 Posts
    • 38,110 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th May 19, 9:03 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:03 AM
    Thank you for your replies.i have read the posts in newbies but I am still not clear!
    Originally posted by Chandmoon
    Iím not sure how far we are going to get. This isnít a simple subject (neither is it rocket science), but if you really are at first base after having read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, this isnít something anyone is going to do for you.

Have another read (itís detailed because itís about contract law through which you might be sued in the courts), but it isnít a skim read job.

Suggest you read it in small chunks over a few days with a notepad beside you to pencil key points.

Come back after that with hopefully a clearer view and an understanding of what you have to do.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 19, 6:26 PM
    • 73,782 Posts
    • 86,002 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 19, 6:26 PM
    • 18th May 19, 6:26 PM
    Originally posted by Chandmoon
    Not sure how it's unclear?

There is one appeal, and it tells you what to put & how to submit it without saying who was driving, and why we use the tactic to wait till day 26 (all explained there...).

Newbies don't need to repeat the appeal here & ask ''is it this one?'' (please avoid that).

I accept there are lots of words in the sticky thread (of course, there is a lot to cover and I detest flow-charts, so you won't catch me setting it out in that childlike way!).

I know some people get word blind but do read it again, as no-one is going to explain what's in the sticky thread individually on every thread, we just don't have the time and it's not needed.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-05-2019 at 6:29 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,063Posts Today

6,011Users online

Martin's Twitter