Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 13,848Posts
    • 43,107Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 112
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 19, 8:37 PM
    • 63,232 Posts
    • 278,066 Thanks
    beanielou
    How are we feeling about the new incentive options that are coming? I can't use the love2shop vouchers anywhere here so will be glad to have something else!
    Originally posted by Purpleroses

I dident know this.
    What are the new incentives please?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th May 19, 8:40 PM
    • 19,011 Posts
    • 48,232 Thanks
    elsien
    I like the love2shop vouchers.
    What are they changing to?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 15th May 19, 8:40 PM
    • 4,647 Posts
    • 79,721 Thanks
    Chrisv
    How are we feeling about the new incentive options that are coming? I can't use the love2shop vouchers anywhere here so will be glad to have something else!
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 16th May 19, 9:03 AM
    • 2,342 Posts
    • 2,085 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    I like the Love2Shop vouchers too, keep them for treats in the sales (recently bought a coat with 28 of them!). I see they're just going to be using the Perks site like a lot of other survey ones do. The only way this would improve things is if there is a Paypal option to change the points to cash.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 16th May 19, 9:24 AM
    • 2,194 Posts
    • 2,422 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Hi

I'll probably still use the LTS vouchers (Iceland, Argos and Wilko) but it's better that there's now a choice of vouchers.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 16th May 19, 9:27 AM
    • 2,194 Posts
    • 2,422 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    I like the Love2Shop vouchers too, keep them for treats in the sales (recently bought a coat with 28 of them!). I see they're just going to be using the Perks site like a lot of other survey ones do. The only way this would improve things is if there is a Paypal option to change the points to cash.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Hi

Yes, I'll also still use LTS vouchers. Handy when shopping in Iceland. Agree about Paypal well. Cash would be good.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• SuperMoose
    • By SuperMoose 16th May 19, 9:49 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    SuperMoose
    Me too

Still waiting for the one for the February survey. Have sent a message to ask where it is
    Originally posted by SuperMoose
    Just an update on this.

I got a message back to say a voucher would be sent within 7 days. It arrived this morning Special Delivery which I think means the postage cost more than the voucher is worth
    Please put out food and water for the birds
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 16th May 19, 10:37 AM
    • 941 Posts
    • 949 Thanks
    General Grant

I don't know that site but I suppose it is another organisation with which to share our personal details.
    • Purpleroses
    • By Purpleroses 16th May 19, 11:47 AM
    • 4,118 Posts
    • 9,966 Thanks
    Purpleroses
    Paypal would be a good option but unlikely On this island its all franchises of the chains and they wont accept the vouchers! Just good to have options )
    #36 2019 in 2019 ~ 851/2019
    #88 CYDBX ~ 0/6500

• StumpyPumpy
    • By StumpyPumpy 16th May 19, 2:15 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    StumpyPumpy
    I might be completely wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Lightspeed use PerksWW for fulfilment and you can be paid in PayPal vouchers by Lightspeed. If I'm right then the possibility of a PayPal payment might be there. And I also seem to remember that people on the business side of the survey get paid via PayPal too. PayPal would be my preferred option. I'm sure someone with more accurate knowledge about this will correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope they aren't planning to phase out real vouchers in the longer term and just go online, or even worse: the dreaded Apps as neither I nor my partner have, or want, phones or other devices that run Apps. The Love2Shop vouchers have only recently become more useful to us as it is, when an Iceland opened up nearby. Previous to that the only shop remotely close that would accept them was Wilko's.

I'm sure lots of people will be jumping in the air in excitement over the proposed "new" store vouchers, but those are of little use for us. Stopped shopping at M&S years ago when the quality dropped to sub-Primark levels whilst maintaining the premium cost. Don't buy clothes on line so Asos is not much use, The nearest John Lewis is over 40 miles away and we don't buy enough from them online to make it worthwhile and iTunes and Amazon are a big no in this house too. I wonder if they have actually conducted any research into what their panel members across the country really want rather than what the twenty-somethings in the London office think they might want.

I don't know that site but I suppose it is another organisation with which to share our personal details.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    To be honest, if you are worried about your personal details being shared, being on a postal panel where sharing personal details is fundamental to the operation of the survey is probably not a good place for you to be.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th May 19, 3:09 PM
    • 34,428 Posts
    • 29,217 Thanks
    custardy
    I might be completely wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Lightspeed use PerksWW for fulfilment and you can be paid in PayPal vouchers by Lightspeed. If I'm right then the possibility of a PayPal payment might be there. And I also seem to remember that people on the business side of the survey get paid via PayPal too. PayPal would be my preferred option. I'm sure someone with more accurate knowledge about this will correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope they aren't planning to phase out real vouchers in the longer term and just go online, or even worse: the dreaded Apps as neither I nor my partner have, or want, phones or other devices that run Apps. The Love2Shop vouchers have only recently become more useful to us as it is, when an Iceland opened up nearby. Previous to that the only shop remotely close that would accept them was Wilko's.

I'm sure lots of people will be jumping in the air in excitement over the proposed "new" store vouchers, but those are of little use for us. Stopped shopping at M&S years ago when the quality dropped to sub-Primark levels whilst maintaining the premium cost. Don't buy clothes on line so Asos is not much use, The nearest John Lewis is over 40 miles away and we don't buy enough from them online to make it worthwhile and iTunes and Amazon are a big no in this house too. I wonder if they have actually conducted any research into what their panel members across the country really want rather than what the twenty-somethings in the London office think they might want.

To be honest, if you are worried about your personal details being shared, being on a postal panel where sharing personal details is fundamental to the operation of the survey is probably not a good place for you to be.

SP
    Originally posted by StumpyPumpy

Well I suppose basic research would show those companies are large users of RMs network.
    • jools1985
    • By jools1985 16th May 19, 9:12 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    jools1985
    I received a letter with smart - sorry RFID which had the postmark date of 15/5/2007 today. There wee 2 postmarks and both were 2007. I recorded that date on the receiver entry. Bet they comw back and query that one
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 19, 9:15 PM
    • 63,232 Posts
    • 278,066 Thanks
    beanielou
    I received a letter with smart - sorry RFID which had the postmark date of 15/5/2007 today. There wee 2 postmarks and both were 2007. I recorded that date on the receiver entry. Bet they comw back and query that one
    Originally posted by jools1985
    That took a wee while then
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 17th May 19, 9:49 AM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 2,012 Thanks
    MABLE
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Pleased the vouchers will include MKS. My hubby works for them and as such we get a 20% staff discount on purchases. So the vouchers will go a little further for us.

I tend to use the love vouchers in Wilkinsons. However sometimes they treat me as a second class citizen.
    Last edited by MABLE; 17-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 17th May 19, 10:12 AM
    • 8,636 Posts
    • 30,379 Thanks
    Primrose
    I must have missed something as I don't recall receiving or reading this information about the new way of distributing vouchers.
    Was it in the General Message section? I rarely have time to read that.
    I also do very little shopping online where I could use them and would actually prefer to still be offered the choice of paper vouchers.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 17th May 19, 10:20 AM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 1,940 Thanks
    KTF
    The update (May 15) is on main page as you log in via the website.
    • BlueBell47
    • By BlueBell47 17th May 19, 3:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    BlueBell47
    Yes, the information about the new incentives is on the main page and I think that they have made the right choice. With more choices to choose from it might encourage panelists to save their vouchers for something worth while.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 17th May 19, 8:30 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 9,899 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    I'd missed the info on the new incentives too - I rather like the Love2shop ones as I use them in TKMaxx mostly and it feels like double bargains when I find something lovely so I'm glad that is still an option.
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 18th May 19, 2:25 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    Saetana
    Great to hear about the new incentives - I'd much rather have Amazon vouchers than Love2Shop vouchers, especially as there is no chance of them going astray in the post
    2019 Wins: 31 cash, 100 voucher, football shirt, 2 x meal out for 2 voucher, 4x scratchcard, 2 t-shirts, football, face cream, 85 sun creams, chocolates
    • purkles
    • By purkles 19th May 19, 12:30 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    purkles
    I've just rejoined and don't remember ever getting a cube as part of the training!
    If they send me one for training it's going in the bin
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,556Posts Today

6,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Are you secretly trying to tell us Geri is going to take over? Will she tell us what we want, what we really reall? https://t.co/MOxa0jzPD7

• Follow Martin