Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vinos
    • By vinos 15th May 19, 8:20 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    vinos
    PPI Reclaim after payout
    • 15th May 19, 8:20 AM
    PPI Reclaim after payout 15th May 19 at 8:20 AM
    I received a PPi large sum from Natwest credit cards 4 years ago, but at the time they were saying "take this offer or you may not get anything". I signed the paper work and sent back.
    My question is:
    Can I get back in touch with Natwest and say I don't think I had enough money back? At the time I thought there should be more, but didn't want the risk to get nothing.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 19, 8:20 AM
    • 22,078 Posts
    • 24,090 Thanks
    zx81
    Why do you not think you got enough money back?

Redress is a defined calculation.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 15th May 19, 9:05 AM
    • 10,079 Posts
    • 13,408 Thanks
    -taff
    • 15th May 19, 9:05 AM
    • 15th May 19, 9:05 AM
    Was it a goodwill payment or was it an upheld complaint? If the latter, redress is defined so you only get what you paid and any interest that is applied to whatever form of debt you complained about.
    If it was a goodwill payment, you had six months to go to the FOS after they responded. That time has passed now.
    • vinos
    • By vinos 15th May 19, 12:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vinos
    • 15th May 19, 12:16 PM
    It was a goodwill payment
    • 15th May 19, 12:16 PM
    It was a goodwill payment
    • Bermonia
    • By Bermonia 15th May 19, 8:33 PM
    • 673 Posts
    • 508 Thanks
    Bermonia
    • 15th May 19, 8:33 PM
    • 15th May 19, 8:33 PM
    I would presume the offer was made in full and final settlement of your complaint - as you accepted then that is the end of the matter.

Even if you hadn’t you had six months in which to take your complaint further and this time has passed.
    • swanny65
    • By swanny65 18th May 19, 12:49 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    swanny65
    • 18th May 19, 12:49 PM
    • 18th May 19, 12:49 PM
    Barclaycard have just sent my wife additional redress.

The initial redress was given on average premiums and policy length, as they admitted she had had PPI with them but didnt have all the details.

3 years later and out of the blue, Barclaycard sent a second payment. They had reviewed her case, found a couple of earlier cards and details of all accounts.

So cases can be reviewed but usually need additional evidence, documents etc. In this case Barclaycard to their credit do it themselves
    • Bermonia
    • By Bermonia 20th May 19, 5:01 PM
    • 673 Posts
    • 508 Thanks
    Bermonia
    • 20th May 19, 5:01 PM
    • 20th May 19, 5:01 PM
    A bank will usually re-review a complaint if they uncover new information (as per their requirements) and would contact you directly if this were the case - however as already stated they have no obligation to consider a consumer’s request to re-review.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 20th May 19, 5:29 PM
    • 23,617 Posts
    • 12,947 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 20th May 19, 5:29 PM
    • 20th May 19, 5:29 PM
    In this case Barclaycard to their credit do it themselves
    Originally posted by swanny65
    Rather, it's to the credit of the Regulator that a review has taken place. This will have been because a widespread fault either with the way complaints have been dealt with or with the original sale has been identified.

This is irrelevant to the concerns expressed by the OP of this thread who accepted a goodwill payment four years ago.
    • sarahangius
    • By sarahangius 21st May 19, 9:21 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sarahangius
    • 21st May 19, 9:21 AM
    • 21st May 19, 9:21 AM
    I don't think so, this goodwill payment was 4 years ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

5,703Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Are you secretly trying to tell us Geri is going to take over? Will she tell us what we want, what we really reall? https://t.co/MOxa0jzPD7

• Follow Martin