PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sounds like the perfect capsule wardrobe.

One day I shall be a minimalist. :rotfl: I'm working on it. My aim is to have a perfectly edited and curated wardrobe of clothes that I adore and that make me feel like a million dollars.

As I ditch all my old clothes when they get too big I am going to be very selective about what I buy to replace them.

I did read somewhere that most people actually have far more clothes than is necessary and that they wear about 20 percent of their clothes 80 per cent of the time.I do now believe that "less is more". I am not going to just wantonly dispose of 80 percent of my wardrobe but I definitely won't be buying as much in future.

I wouldn't say that! Your final paragraph is probably more accurate! I live in jeans/cords with t-shirts and jumper or fleece about 95% of the time:rotfl:.

A lot of my wardrobe doesn't get worn much at all, particularly dresses as they only get worn when we're on holiday in a warm country so that's only a couple of weeks a year.

Denise
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I got that £250 cheque in the post today. It was a refund for the treatment I paid for at the Chinese herbalists.:) I will put that in the bank tomorrow.

I'm off out tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing the band and having a meal out and it's such a lovely sunny day as well.:A
  • joedenise
    Forumite
    Enjoy your outing to see the band and your meal.

It's a lovely day here too.

Denise
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good morning

Champagne moments today..........Just had a leisurely breakfast and coffee, sitting in my sunny bay window thinking about my day. Going into the city centre later to meet DIL for coffee and a catch up, and a few cuddles with my grandson. Will go in slightly early and potter about, maybe have a chazzer shop mooch.

Need to start looking for smaller clothes. :j:j. My weight loss is really starting to show now and I've already dropped a dress size so it won't be long before I will need the next size down. Wahoo.

Well the weather is set fair for the weekend. I shall be out and about, seeing friends and family, being wined and dined. A visit to chatsworth at some point.

Good times ahead.....

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Easter to one and all.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on the dropping-a-dress-size Lessonlearned! I know just how fantastic that feels!

I was feeling VERY un-champagne-like this morning...not only was it a lemonade day...but a FLAT lemonade day!(or as I see it ...an own-brand value-label instant-coffee sort of day!)...and I had to go out and buy a half-dozen eggs...the girl at the till was not one I know well, but she has served me before...and after scanning the egg-box and taking the cash she looked at me and said "WOW you are just fading away...how much have you lost now?...you are SUCH an inspiration!"...it brightened up the morning no end to hear that!

And as for coffee...I had ordered a new supply...the parcel arrived...and the company included a free gift of 10 individual sachets of 'instant' coffee for me to sample...so I will have 10 decent cups for free!...definitely a champagne moment!

The weather is brightening up...won't be long before I will be able to push the wheeled walker into the communal garden and enjoy a coffee outdoors.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I bought some new shoes and bought a few "new" things at the chazzer. I bought some new beauty products from Superdrug.

It is lovely and sunny today. It was so nice coming back home from London last night and only wearing a thin cardigan as it was so mild.
    joedenise wrote: »
    Enjoy your outing to see the band and your meal.

Thanks. I did have a great time.:)
  • joedenise
    Forumite
    Good morning

Champagne moments today..........Just had a leisurely breakfast and coffee, sitting in my sunny bay window thinking about my day. Going into the city centre later to meet DIL for coffee and a catch up, and a few cuddles with my grandson. Will go in slightly early and potter about, maybe have a chazzer shop mooch.

Need to start looking for smaller clothes. :j:j. My weight loss is really starting to show now and I've already dropped a dress size so it won't be long before I will need the next size down. Wahoo.

Well the weather is set fair for the weekend. I shall be out and about, seeing friends and family, being wined and dined. A visit to chatsworth at some point.

Good times ahead.....

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Easter to one and all.

That's brilliant LL. Nothing better than dropping a dress size and you can't beat getting 'new' clothes from the CS!

Great weather forecast for which I'm really pleased as meeting up with DD2 for the weekend. We're going in our motorhome and she's going to be in her caravan, along with her partner and his children. It will be good to see the children again as not seen them since just before Christmas.

Have a great weekend too.
    Well done on the dropping-a-dress-size Lessonlearned! I know just how fantastic that feels!

I was feeling VERY un-champagne-like this morning...not only was it a lemonade day...but a FLAT lemonade day!(or as I see it ...an own-brand value-label instant-coffee sort of day!)...and I had to go out and buy a half-dozen eggs...the girl at the till was not one I know well, but she has served me before...and after scanning the egg-box and taking the cash she looked at me and said "WOW you are just fading away...how much have you lost now?...you are SUCH an inspiration!"...it brightened up the morning no end to hear that!

And as for coffee...I had ordered a new supply...the parcel arrived...and the company included a free gift of 10 individual sachets of 'instant' coffee for me to sample...so I will have 10 decent cups for free!...definitely a champagne moment!

The weather is brightening up...won't be long before I will be able to push the wheeled walker into the communal garden and enjoy a coffee outdoors.

That's a great champagne moment!
    I bought some new shoes and bought a few "new" things at the chazzer. I bought some new beauty products from Superdrug.

It is lovely and sunny today. It was so nice coming back home from London last night and only wearing a thin cardigan as it was so mild.

Thanks. I did have a great time.:)

Glad you had a great time last night.

Can't believe the weather we've got for this weekend it's so unusual for a bank holiday weekend! And very welcome:).

Denise
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Glorious weather......and on a bank holiday too.!!!! Unheard of.:rotfl:

So many champagne moments this weekend and it's still only Sunday............

Had the most wonderful day at Chatsworth yesterday. I came away with so many ideas of what I can do with my house and garden.......I love visiting large country houses, museums, art galleries etc. I find them so inspirational.

It was lovely to stroll around in my size 14 trousers ;). and not be struggling to breathe on the hilly bits. It will be even better once I have lost another stone.

Best of all my blood sugar levels are coming down nicely........now back in the pre diabetic range. :j. Just need to keep at it.

Just going to get myself dolled up and them I'm off out to a nice family gathering to meet the latest addition.........my daughter in laws sisters new baby.

Hope you are all having a wonderful bank holiday and savouring all those champagne moments.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I was given today a free few days away in a fortnight's time in Bath so I am looking forward to exploring a new area for me My friend had booked the accommodation for her and her husband for five days, and her husband has just been told he has a works trip to Australia, so she is going to go with him As she couldn't get a refund she gave it to me rather than waste it bless her, so I have a nice break for a few days in a five star lodge just outside Bath, looking at it online it looks really nice, such an unexpected surprise and not one to turn down the offer I said thank you very much. I will get her something nice on her return from Australia. So two weeks tomorrow I am off on my travels again :):):)
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Jackie.....how lovely. I'm sure you will love Bath. J'Adore Bath......my husband proposed to me on a romantic weekend in Bath. ;). And he treated me to a Balloon ride over Bath for my 50th birthday. I have so many fond memories.....I must go back there one day.

Well after a fun filled weekend I am ready for a nice quiet day today, will nip out to Asda for a few bits and then it's going to be a leisurely day in the garden, nothing too strenuous, just pottering about and lazing in the sun. I think most meals will be "Al fresco" to make the most of this fantastic weather.

Enjoy......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure