PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2019 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Tales17 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I hope you are all well, I gave up on forums last year as my Dad was poorly from October and passed away in November so everything went crazy for a while. I am just getting back on top of all my accounts again now so would like to rejoin again!)

Tales17, I’m sorry to read this, It will have been a difficult few months for you.. take it easy on yourself!

I’ve had a NSD here :T Hoping for another tomorrow.. does depend if the DS’s decide to go on a milkshake frenzy again though :rotfl:
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    First "proper" shop this month came in at £36 not too bad as it included a bottle of vermouth for cooking with and a large bag of bird food.
  • YorksLass wrote: »
    I'm challenging myself to incorporate all the little odds & ends in the freezer into this week's meal plan. Wish me luck! :p
    Good luck. It's what I do, makes for some very interesting meals sometimes !!
    Tales17 wrote: »
    I gave up on forums last year as my Dad was poorly from October and passed away in November so everything went crazy for a while.
    Sorry to hear that. Wishing you all well.
    Beyond Meat burgers (OH wants me to try them and report back.
    Is your OH in UK - they stock them in Tesco. I can highly recommend the 'No Bull' ones from Iceland too, in particular the jalapeno ones, 1/3 of the price as well. Wishing you well with the move.

Ok, done a few shops. Had to throw out lots of food. My fridge bit of my freezer was intermittently going warm n cool, so got an engineer out. He took off the panel (1 min max), chipped off some ice that had somehow formed (it's a frost free), which was stopping the fan from rotating and screwed the panel back. He was there no more than 15 mins and charged me £120. Anyway, have restocked. I have a couple of friends coming to stay Thursday-Sunday, but won't really have to buy too much. Breakfasts will be some kind of toast - beans on toast, creamy mushrooms, or some houmous/salad concoction, plus I have loads of veggie sausages/burgers/hash browns in the freezer and can knock up an egg free scramble, if needs be, lunches homemade soup/crusty bread/sandwiches/wraps and evening meals, I have a load of cooked veggie mince which can make spag bol, shepherdless pie, jacket potatoes with vegan cheese and salad or wraps, I will make some sweet potato, chickpea & spinach thai green curry from store ingredients and I'm assuming we will eat out lots anyway, so more than covered. So some snacky bits for evening, just in case. Went to Iceland and they had the large pots of Alpro for 50p, dated 16th February, so bought 5 pots and got 6 punnets of raspberries for £1 at the market, which will be frozen. Have a lovely week everyone. Have updated sig.
  • I usually go into town on a Monday but due to spending that bit extra in the village on Friday, I don't need anything urgently. I might go later in the week or just wait until my village shop on Friday. NSD are great.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • Since last post we have spent £33.10.

For dinner I'm having vegan sausages, smoke paprika sweet potato wedges, beans and salad.
    OH isn't sure what he's having. Probably some of the wedges as he loves them but what with no idea.

£116.7/£182.
    £65.30 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • £11.27 spent, which leaves me with £7.65 for the rest of the month... let's see how that goes:rotfl:
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Spend of £13.79 between local shop & Waitroose..
    Got a couple of different flavour Keifer to try.. :cool:
    Adding to total..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • not doing too bad this month. wanted a takeaway tonight and stuck to what was in house :P
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • £35.40 spent on Ocado delivery and 10p in work tonight.
    Also got a Tesco delivery due tomorrow.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Been for a birthday brunch with my neighbour, called in Asda for petrol, and got 12 tonic waters will last about 24 days, 6 y.s. 73% chocolate, and a y.s duck which I will cut in half and freeze, £17.69.
    Do I need it or just want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport