Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 2nd Aug 05, 3:23 PM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Great Cheapest Sony PSP Hunt
    • 2nd Aug 05, 3:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Great Cheapest Sony PSP Hunt 2nd Aug 05 at 3:23 PM
    It's released in the UK on 1 Sep but can be pre-ordered. I'm taking advantage of the massive combined research power of this site's users to find the cheapest available.

I'm starting it off with this one in Game for 179 including postage. Have you spotted it cheaper?

Click reply to add your find. (Pls include the cost of postage if it's online).
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
  • KINGAKNAA
    • 2nd Aug 05, 3:37 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 3:37 PM
    Cheapest is woolies...... especially considering all the extra stuff...

In addition to the PlayStation Portable system itself, the Value Pack includes a protective Pouch, Memory Stick Duo (32MB), Battery Pack, Headphones with Remote Control, AC Adaptor, and Wrist Strap.

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/wwstore/product.jhtml?product=50466237&op=details

179 + 1.50 p&p...was 10% off yesterday too... :confused:
  • quaium
    • 2nd Aug 05, 3:42 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 3:42 PM
    I've asked this before... but how do you know the Woolworths PSP is the value pack? Although Sony are only releasing the value pack, I emailed Woolworths about it and they told me that it was "only the PSP"!!
    • mew
    • By mew 2nd Aug 05, 4:37 PM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 1,224 Thanks
    mew
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:37 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:37 PM
    To Preorder the PSP Value pack at Woolworths, you need to go through this Woolworths/Wanadoo link and thensearch for the PSP. Two will show up a PSP console (?) and a PSP Value Pack, Both 179.99. Add the Value Pack to your basket and once added, It will show up as 161.99 (inc P&P). The offer ends the 31st August 2005.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 09-08-2005 at 5:16 PM.
  • quaium
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:43 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:43 PM
    Damn! I didn't realise that there were two PSP's on the site and ordered the PSP only... what should I do?
    • mew
    • By mew 2nd Aug 05, 4:56 PM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 1,224 Thanks
    mew
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:56 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:56 PM
    :confused:
    Damn! I didn't realise that there were two PSP's on the site and ordered the PSP only... what should I do?
    by quaium
    Sony are Only releasing the Value Pack in the UK. Whether Woolworths will cancel orders or simply send out Value Packs is up to them You can always cancel your Preorder and re-preorder a Value Pack.

ToysRus bundles are Here (an the same instore). Both consist of a PSP value Pack + game & Duluxe carry case for 199.99.

Argos Seem cheapest High Street shop for Games and exluding as all PSP games they sell are 29.99 each

Amazon.co.uk have PSP game sfrom 19.99 with most 24.99 - 29.99.
  • quaium
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:59 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 4:59 PM
    Thanks. I think I might just cancell and re-preorder the value pack. How do you think Woolworths will do in getting them to us on release day?
    • ceminem
    • By ceminem 2nd Aug 05, 5:22 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    ceminem
    • 2nd Aug 05, 5:22 PM
    • 2nd Aug 05, 5:22 PM
    hehehe i got mine free, my mum got it from HK for me in April. Guess thats the cheapest!
  • adchesney
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:50 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:50 PM
    These guys based in the UK are offering the PSP Value for 149.99

http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/home

Regards

ANDREW
    • mattrad
    • By mattrad 3rd Aug 05, 6:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mattrad
    Liksang (www.liksang.com) is a well-established Hong Kong exporter. They currently have the PSP Value Pack for us$279 (157) or the bog-standard PSP for US$249 (140), with free shipping. Why wait for September?
  • Rodney Trotter
    I can vouch for Lik-Sang too. Ordered mine back in December when they had just been released. Literally took 3 days shipping from Hong Kong - great service.

You will more than likely be subject to import taxes though - but they shouldn't be too bad any more. (My PSP cost 300, import tax of 70 payable on delivery!)
    • GibsonSt19
    • By GibsonSt19 3rd Aug 05, 6:23 PM
    • 2,617 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    GibsonSt19
    I can vouch for Lik-Sang too. Ordered mine back in December when they had just been released. Literally took 3 days shipping from Hong Kong - great service.

You will more than likely be subject to import taxes though - but they shouldn't be too bad any more. (My PSP cost 300, import tax of 70 payable on delivery!)
    by Rodney Trotter
    It may be worth re-reading the entire thread as lik-sang now pay these taxes and fees for you.

Liksang (www.liksang.com) is a well-established Hong Kong exporter. They currently have the PSP Value Pack for us$279 (157) or the bog-standard PSP for US$249 (140), with free shipping. Why wait for September?
    by matrad
    Real warranty perhaps?
  • Lantik
    It may be worth re-reading the entire thread as lik-sang now pay these taxes and fees for you.
    by GibsonSt19
    Err no they don't...

I received my PSP a couple of weeks ago when the free shipping offer started and you have to pay VAT (17.5%) and import tax (3.5%). I have to pay 48 o delivery but I bought a few games too.
    • GibsonSt19
    • By GibsonSt19 3rd Aug 05, 7:24 PM
    • 2,617 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    GibsonSt19
    Err no they don't...

I received my PSP a couple of weeks ago when the free shipping offer started and you have to pay VAT (17.5%) and import tax (3.5%). I have to pay 48 o delivery but I bought a few games too.
    by Lantik
    Apologies, I meant yesasia.com, not lik-sang

"As a token of appreciation, YesAsia.com will now pay the VAT (Value Added Tax) and custom duties for orders shipped to the United Kingdom by Standard Shipping method. In other words, customers choosing the Standard Shipping method for their orders to UK can enjoy VAT-FREE offer at YesAsia.com."
  • zabbyh
    it isn't worth buying the UK PSP. Why? ...
    [1] Costs a lot more 179 when you can get it for $200 (~102) from US/JAP, but it's difficult cos you have to go through ebay.
    [2] When PSP comes out in UK it will have firmware 2.0, currently you can play homebrew and emulators e.g. snes/mega drive/gb/gba on firmware versions 1.0 and 1.5 only
    [3] The value pack is not worth the extra money really, the 32mb stick is too small, it will be filled up far too quickly especially if you get wipeout pure which has downloadable extra tracks.

On ebay the guy i got my PSP from is jpitem, but he doesn't seem to be selling any PSP's at the moment, you could try ask him though, he was a great seller
    • GibsonSt19
    • By GibsonSt19 3rd Aug 05, 8:22 PM
    • 2,617 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    GibsonSt19
    it isn't worth buying the UK PSP. Why? ...
    [1] Costs a lot more 179 when you can get it for $200 (~102) from US/JAP, but it's difficult cos you have to go through ebay.
    [2] When PSP comes out in UK it will have firmware 2.0, currently you can play homebrew and emulators e.g. snes/mega drive/gb/gba on firmware versions 1.0 and 1.5 only
    [3] The value pack is not worth the extra money really, the 32mb stick is too small, it will be filled up far too quickly especially if you get wipeout pure which has downloadable extra tracks.

On ebay the guy i got my PSP from is jpitem, but he doesn't seem to be selling any PSP's at the moment, you could try ask him though, he was a great seller
    by zabbyh
    UK PSP is available as a pre-order for 160 (20 less than you're stating) and you'd get a FULL warranty unlike the JAP units.

Personally, I have a JAP unit, however if I was thinking of buying now I'd prob wait for UK release.

You can pretty much guarantee that homebrew will be operable on a v2 unit shortly anyhoo.
  • Bdaggers
    These guys based in the UK are offering the PSP Value for 149.99

http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/home

Regards

ANDREW
    by adchesney
    Sorry - they may have a ".co.uk" address on your link, but they are a Canadian firm. Check out the shipping options - 5 days to UK. Also, you are very likely to be stung for import duty - customs are aware of the massive amount of PSPs shipped to the uk.

Sony have clamped down on many of the overseas exporters - Play Asia.com have been forced to stop selling to the uk.
  • Bdaggers
    by zabbyh
    Sony have really clamped down - they had a go at all the sellers of PSPs on Ebay and (as far as I`ve heard) they have all but dried up on there now.

My advice would be to wait for the uk launch - the uk warranty is well worth the small delay incurred.
  • quaium
    UK PSP is available as a pre-order for 160
    by GibsonSt19
    160!!.. From where?
    • GibsonSt19
    • By GibsonSt19 3rd Aug 05, 10:37 PM
    • 2,617 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    GibsonSt19
    160!!.. From where?
    by quaium
    Read THIS THREAD, post #7

Then go HERE - I may have been a pound or two out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,976Posts Today

7,255Users online

Martin's Twitter