The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Changing for good!

Comments

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good luck!

Great to think it will be gone in a year!

Do you have any capacity to take on a second job to boost your income?

Wishing you well.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Great to think it will be gone in a year!

Do you have any capacity to take on a second job to boost your income?

Wishing you well.

Hi Pidge!

I've looked into it as I know I could take down the debt a lot quicker even doing a part time cleaning job, I work 8-6 Monday to Friday so looking for something to pick up a few hours one day at the weekend as I couldn't do more than 10 hours a day it tires me as it is! :rotfl: but definitely something I am looking into
  • Direct debit went out today for CC2 which technically for a few days takes it under £100 until the interest is added. Estimated interest is £3.56 so advance-counting that, the balance is now £103.26 meaning debt total is now £4859.26 .

I am going to call and change the DD date today as it comes out just before I get paid which can be a pain sometimes if I have forgotten so would prefer it to come out the same time as everything else.

Looking forward to payday when the figure should be at £4484 ish :) with some OP's I can get my debt down to under £4k with the payday after that :D

Monzo account is set up, just waiting for the card
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Good progress.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Good progress.

Thank you :o
  • My task for tomorrow is to head down to my local credit union with my ID so they can finish signing me up, then start the standing order or whatever it is from this month for £50. I'm hoping as I would have to (sort of) ask for the money from someone else to use the savings, I'll be more inclined to keep it there

I want to work on cutting down on my petrol costs too. I've driven a lot this month to get used to my car, but now that I'm comfortable with it I can probably go back to walking to work at least a few days a week. Every little bit must help?

No spends planned for this weekend, going for a long walk with OH on Sunday but that's all I really have planned :)
  • savetosave
    savetosave Posts: 127
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As cc2 has high interest but a low balance, if you could just reduce the family loan for 1 month you could pay it off, save interest and then pay a bit higher each month so it is still cleared in time
  • ellie.52
    ellie.52 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Good luck with it!
    I've also just started my journey and am in a similar situation.
    Have subscribed :)
  • Well that's the weekend done and dusted..

Did not get to the Credit Union this weekend as I managed to sleep in past their opening time on Saturday :rotfl:
    Did a 27 mile walk with OH on Sunday and now struggling to walk today :rotfl:

I have been looking at the get into teaching website this weekend too, that is an avenue I would like to explore, and have thought about before but just missed the deadline last year

Not much MSE to report payday is tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting some debts paid! My Monzo card arrived on Saturday so looking forward to utilising that too.. although the card is very bright :eek:
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Impressed by the walk. I'm contemplating 4 miles today and that feels like a challenge, so 27 :eek:

Have a positive day and chase that CU account up
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills