Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 10th Jul 18, 9:33 AM
    • 114Posts
    • 31Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    MSE News: M&S Energy ends partnership with SSE – shining a light on its big six tie-up
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:33 AM
    MSE News: M&S Energy ends partnership with SSE – shining a light on its big six tie-up 10th Jul 18 at 9:33 AM
    SSE and M&S Energy have announced that their supply partnership is set to end in September - all M&S Energy customers will see the M&S Energy branding disappear as they're officially moved across to the big six supplier...
    Read the full story:
    'M&S Energy ends partnership with SSE – shining a light on its big six tie-up'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 11-07-2018 at 2:13 PM.
Page 1
    • robin58
    • By robin58 10th Jul 18, 1:15 PM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 3,269 Thanks
    robin58
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:15 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:15 PM
    One word of warning to all M&S electricity users who move to SSE.

At the end of your current deals I can guarantee the price of your electricity will go UP.

They did it to me when they took over the old Ebico accounts.

Get ready to move to another supplier.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • Ezorqs
    • By Ezorqs 11th Jul 18, 9:00 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Ezorqs
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:00 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:00 PM
    If you need the customer service there are worse options and there are better options but you more or less get what you pay for (see Iresa). If you don't need customer service then I highly recommend the smaller suppliers, often they score quite well for customer service on MSE surveys but of course, this depends on how much pressure they are under and bigger companies are typically able to deal with that pressure better.

That said, I always wondered why the Ebico prices had skyrocketed, now I know. For pay as you go none of the big six are worth it. In the slightest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

36Posts Today

4,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin