Heating Oil In NI

kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,825
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
It sure has been a good few weeks and I’m wondering, if a result of the weather and as it is summer, has the price of heating dropped at all. Anybody ?

Kevin

Comments

• greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    The information is on Boilerjuice.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kah22 wrote: »
    It sure has been a good few weeks and I’m wondering, if a result of the weather and as it is summer, has the price of heating dropped at all. Anybody ?

Kevin

https://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/default

It doesn't look like It
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • kah22
    Forumite
    Contacted my regular oil man today and he said there was a slight increase and suggested I hold back for a fortnight
  • kah22
    Forumite
    A great answer, many thanks :beer:
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ballyblack wrote: »

"However, other factors including changes to the price of crude oil, refining the product, marketing and distribution, and competition from suppliers also influence the price."

They forgot "....and how much the oil companies think they can stiff people for at any given point".
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,613
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    motorguy wrote: »
    "However, other factors including changes to the price of crude oil, refining the product, marketing and distribution, and competition from suppliers also influence the price."

They forgot "....and how much the oil companies think they can stiff people for at any given point".

I thought it was more to do with Iranian revolutionary guards threatening to close the straits of Hormuz in the event of trump preventing Iranian oil exports? And who could blame them?
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 July 2018 at 2:05PM
    I thought it was more to do with Iranian revolutionary guards threatening to close the straits of Hormuz in the event of trump preventing Iranian oil exports? And who could blame them?

Yes thats probably the justification this week...

Always bemuses me that the UK Oil companies, even though they carry 3 months stock of oil are always very quick to increase prices, yet it takes them months to react when market prices drop.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And when the OAP get their heating grant they put it up that week too.
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,613
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    motorguy wrote: »
    Yes thats probably the justification this week...

Always bemuses me that the UK Oil companies, even though they carry 3 months stock of oil are always very quick to increase prices, yet it takes them months to react when market prices drop.

Well in fairness in the oil bust a couple of years ago, prices went down a lot. Even petrol, the price of which is mostly tax, went down about 20 pence a litre. They're not operating a cartel.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport