IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

McDonald's sign photo

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,588
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes at court, but not at POPLA, IMHO. And we know MET do not try court anyway!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mentalmumof4
    mentalmumof4 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I'm pleased to hear MET don't try court. I found it hard to find many MET popla appeals when searching to write mine.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    I found it hard to find many MET popla appeals when searching to write mine.
    Really, I just put MET POPLA into 'search this forum' and found 300 posts:
    Showing results 1 to 25 of 300
    Search took 0.18 seconds.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Unfortunately every POPLA appeal that quotes either para 8 (2) (f) or 9 (2) (f) of POFA will include the word met.

In other words, every PoPLA appeal that disputes Keeper Liability will appear in that search results list, no matter who the PPC is.

This makes it more difficult to find POPLA appeals about MET - the PPC.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    hahaha, good point KeithP. :D

Maybe Mcdonalds POPLA would be a better search.
  • I think I've got my popla appeal together. Is there any point in posting it all here if it's copied directly from others?
    My points are:
    1. Driver liability
    2. Signage
    3. No evidence of landowner Authority
    4. Breach of BPA CofP and ICO rules for ANPR.
    Are there any other points I could make?
    The NTK seemed to have met all the requirements.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Looks OK, as long as you embed your signage pics (not attach them separately, too much work for the Assessor, who you want on your side) and only choose the one or two that show a view with NO signs legible, no close up/readable pic.
  • mentalmumof4
    Great, thanks for your advice.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Have you written bad stuff of the restaurant's Facebook page, mention of the manager being "unhelpful" is not likely to go down too well at Head Office.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • mentalmumof4
    No I haven't done anything on social media yet but I have contacted customer services and emailed the CEO which got me through to head office.
    They've asked for the weekend to review the situation and should be contacting me again tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure