The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    People who are deciding to open the Tesco Internet Saver, what will you be using it for? Trying to distinguish a purpose if I do open it
  • sjp999
    sjp999 Posts: 146
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Getting one fifth of one percent more than the previous offering, ain't that enough? :)
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sweetcake wrote: »
    People who are deciding to open the Tesco Internet Saver, what will you be using it for? Trying to distinguish a purpose if I do open it

I use it to get the interest and to feed into my main bank account as necessary.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,823
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sweetcake wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the bonus will drop off after 12 months which will bring it down to 0.55%. Also note that the interest is paid annually with the basic rate (currently 0.55%) paid in March and the bonus paid 12 months after opening.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Regarding the post office online saver 1.33% gross for a year, i applied on line,was given an account ID etc. When i logged back in there was no sign of an online saver just a statement saying balance on accounts £0.

Does it take some time to set up?

Thanks
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • hoc
    hoc Posts: 556
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Regarding the post office online saver 1.33% gross for a year, i applied on line,was given an account ID etc. When i logged back in there was no sign of an online saver just a statement saying balance on accounts £0.

Does it take some time to set up?

Thanks

10 year member with 10k posts and you've opened an account with Post Office? Just wow.
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,062
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ... the post office online saver 1.33% ....Does it take some time to set up?
    I had an existing account and applied online for the new one with better interest. Set-up was very fast, almost instantaneous if I remember correctly.
    Reed
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,129
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    hoc wrote: »
    10 year member with 10k posts and you've opened an account with Post Office? Just wow.

Approaching 8 year member with 6k posts and I opened one a few months ago.

I'm well aware of the issues many posters have with withdrawals, and the interest rate is irrelevant to me. However, it serves a purpose;)
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Why would there be problems with withdrawals? I used to have an online saver with them a few years back and didnt encounter any issues? The only thing i dont like about the PO and Tesco is that they dont seem to use FP or at least not instant,usually 24 hours..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I believe the Post Office use the Bank of Ireland, which presumably isn't in the Faster Payments scheme.
    Thank you for reading this message.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure