Fineco Bank transfer to First Direct - charge

Shedman
Shedman Posts: 1,484
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 10 May 2018 at 6:51AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Just a heads up warning for anyone that has recently signed up to the Fineco referral deal and wants to transfer some of their money back to their usual bank that First Direct charge £6 as they appear to treat it as a payment in from a foreign bank (which somewhat surprised me as I was under the impression it was Fineco UK - hence under UK banking auspices - especially as the bank account had a UK sort code and there had been no costs transferring the money into Fineco).

I will query it with FD and Fineco.

Anybody transferred any money back to another UK bank and not incurred any fees If so please let me know which banks (I have most of them:D )

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This thread from last year says that they have an Italian banking licence. No idea whether they have obtained a UK licence since then, but FD's response would suggest not.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5666487
  • Shedman
    Forumite
    edited 13 May 2018 at 10:17PM
    Apparently the use Faster Payments for transfer in from UK banks and Swift payments for transfers out to UK banks - hence why FD treated as a foreign payment in. Wish I had been aware - I would have just drawn cash from an ATM instead (which is free)
  • flavione74
    flavione74 Posts: 44
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Shedman wrote: »
    Anybody transferred any money back to another UK bank and not incurred any fees If so please let me know which banks (I have most of them:D )

Santanter UK won't charge you.
  • Shedman
    Forumite
    flavione74 wrote: »
    Santanter UK won't charge you.

Thanks - unfortunately that's one I've just switched out :(
  • evangelos
    evangelos Posts: 24 Forumite
    Nationwide flexdirect account, no charge applied when tranfering from fineco.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    evangelos wrote: »
    Nationwide flexdirect account, no charge applied when tranfering from fineco.

Thanks for the heads up. Although I was the first one talking about Fineco on this forum I have never had the need to transfer the funds back to a UK bank account and had been avoiding this altogether since reading the feedback about charges last year. I will use my Nationwide account as a test.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure