Barclays mortgage offer length

Hi all,
We are coming up to remortgage as our 2 year fixed is coming to an end. How long do Barclays mortgage offers last for - I know it's usually 3 months for the majority of providers but i'm aware that some do 6 months.

Thanks

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,690
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    "A mortgage offer is valid for a 6-month period from the date the mortgage application is received by our teams.

Any offer that does not complete within this period must be re-submitted as a new application with the exception of !!!8216;New Build Purchase!!!8217; applications which can be fully assessed against current lending standards with refreshed credit search, status documentation and re-offered for a further period of 6 months with a product from the current range. An updated valuation should be requested in all scenarios with the exception of where the tolerance, referred to below, applies. Any subsequent extension requirement will be subject to full re-submission.

The valuation validity period aligns with the offer validity period of 6 months from submission.

Where notice has been given that the proposed property has fallen through and a new property found, a new application must be submitted unless purchase price and mortgage amount are all unchanged and completion is anticipated within 6 months of the original submission. A product will need to be selected from the current range available unless the original product remains available."

https://intermediaries.uk.barclays/home/lending-criteria/
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • ps2mint
    ps2mint Posts: 62
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for your reply.
    Does anyone happen to know the length of a mortgage offer from Nationwide?

Many thanks.
  • Lolly88
    Lolly88 Posts: 322
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's 6 months
    Homeowner
    :j
  • ps2mint
    ps2mint Posts: 62
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lolly88 wrote: »
    It's 6 months
    Thanks for this.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,690
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Nationwide purchase offers are six months. Remortgage offers are only three.
    How long are offers valid for?

Remortgage offers are valid for 90 days.

House purchase offers are valid for 180 days, including new build.

A 45 day extension will be considered for new build applications, please see our New Build page for more information.

Rate Switch offers are valid for 45 days.

http://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/lendingcriteria/general#offervalid
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure