Bucket List

Comments

• PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Probably 3 weeks.

Between which months?

Istanbul should be on everyones bucket list, combined with Cappadocia, and a few days by the sea.

Have you been to places like Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, and Romania [Transylvania]?

What about Nepal, Bhutan, or Myanmar?

You've been to Vietnam, how much did you see? See a bit more and split your trip with Cambodia.

Perhaps a cruise?
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    Between which months?

Perhaps a cruise?

Shame on you Pete :D

Not a MSE way to see things IMHO :cool:

Even if you go via the USA discounters.
  • How about Sri Lanka (for sightseeing/nature/wildlife and beaches) and The Maldives for pure Indian Ocean paradise - stunning beaches, amazing sea life and snorkelling, rest and relaxation?

We're off to The Maldives for our 4th visit in June and if you enjoy snorkelling and sea life you really need to visit; a resort with a house reef is a bucket list item your really should tick off!
  • How about Sri Lanka (for sightseeing/nature/wildlife and beaches) and The Maldives for pure Indian Ocean paradise - stunning beaches, amazing sea life and snorkelling, rest and relaxation?

We're off to The Maldives for our 4th visit in June and if you enjoy snorkelling and sea life you really need to visit; a resort with a house reef is a bucket list item your really should tick off!

Sri Lanka is amazing, Take a tour from Columbo to Kandy then down the central spine to Galle and back to Columbo. Loads of things to see, Sigiriya, Tea Plantations, National Parks, and the people are amazingly friendly. Then fly to the Maldives for the snorkelling. We have been to Biyadhoo twice which is probably the cheapest AI island but has an amazing house reef where you can snorkel or dive between various entry points and basically swim around the whole island. We also had a trip where we had a very close encounter with Manta Rays on our second visit. The food is good and although it's not as luxurious as some of the islands it's brilliant and used by plenty of divers it's that good.
  • Shikakui
    Shikakui Posts: 14 Forumite
    These are some of the destinations on my personal bucket list.
    Hope that can give you some ideas!

Mongolia
    Island of Yap
    Georgia (will finally go there this summer)
    New Zealand
    Bhutan
    Andaman Islands (near India)

I'm a big lover of islands and can highly recommend the following:

Galapagos
    The Azores
    Svalbard
    Greenland
    The Faroe Islands
  • skint_chick
    skint_chick Posts: 872
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Costa Rica? Lots of snorkelling, rainforest, volcanoes, stunning beaches, but also culture too. Sometimes you can go premium economy rather than business class - it's not as expensive but has plenty of leg room/personal space and is more relaxing than economy.

I like looking at the Explore https://www.explore.co.uk website for ideas on where to go and what to do, although I've never booked with them, I just use it to get ideas for destinations and itineraries.

I'd love to do South America (Peru, Bolivia, Chile) by train after seeing Michael Palin on TV when I was younger and then reading Paul Theroux's book on his journey.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • Wow this is fantastic just what I had hoped for.. . Thanks so much. I've got my homework to do. I said we're going for 3 weeks but I'm deciding whether I can afford to give up work by the end of this year which would mean the two of us could have all the time in the world next year .... it's all a balancing act !!!
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fly to Cape Town, do the wine region, drive the Garden route, go in a shark cage, whale watching, walking with Cheetahs, Elephant sanctuary, relax on the beaches. Cheap food great b & b!!!8217;s rather than hotels, go as far as Port Elizabeth then have 2 days on Safari I would go to Shamwari. Then drive back to Cape Town vie the Karoo visiting Prince Albert on way back.
    Also another vote for Costa Rica.... both these 2 are my favourite places I have been to.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    If your husband fancies Japan, then have a look at the Saga tours there (I know I know but hang on!) My parents went with them a couple of years ago as a 'trip of a lifetime' and were really funny about the idea of going with Saga as they weren't even 60 yet, but they were the best value and the best itinerary so they did it and had an absolutely fantastic few weeks seeing all different parts of the country, both urban and rural, and still talk about it regularly.
  • The Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage! It's a unique walk in Spain to Santiago de Compostela, perfect to do during summer for a new and different experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure