Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 15th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 395Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: FCA to mystery shop car finance firms
    • 15th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    MSE News: FCA to mystery shop car finance firms 15th Mar 18 at 1:45 PM
    Car finance firms are to be tested on if they give enough information to buyers about risks involved, and whether the commission paid to dealers could harm consumers...
    Read the full story:
    'FCA to mystery shop car finance firms'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 15th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    • 12,909 Posts
    • 9,669 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    The full details, for anyone interested, include the FCA update can be found here - https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-stories/our-work-motor-finance

It sound's like generally the FCA are pretty much happy with the situation so far, no PIP type scandal then.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 15-03-2018 at 2:36 PM.
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 15th Mar 18, 7:34 PM
    • 3,578 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:34 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:34 PM
    I suspect the problem is not with the finance companies themselves, but with the dealers who have a financial incentive to pull the wool over customers' eyes in order to sell more cars.

After pension mis-selling and PPI, finance companies are very wary of doing anything wrong.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

418Posts Today

4,208Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm on my way to @GMB for my 7:40 tips of the week. This week incl a free £175 for switching bank, a sweet Nectar t? https://t.co/y6FrOdBV5d

• Quick twitter poll: Will Theresa May still be the PM of the UK a week today?

• Thank you for all the sensitive teeth rememedies. I'm going to try (not the alchohol ones though - on air early tomorrow)

• Follow Martin