Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 14th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 73Posts
    • 22Thanks
    MSE Tony
    Habito Discussion
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    Habito Discussion 14th Mar 18 at 11:59 AM
    Hi,

This is a feedback thread for online-only mortgage broker:

Habito

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part:

- Was completing the online form easy (and quick)?
    - Were you happy with the results returned?
    - Was the process from start to finish smooth, or did you experience problems?

The feedback comes as part of the Cheap Mortgage Finding guide.

Thank you,

MSE Jo
    Last edited by MSE Tony; 14-03-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Page 1
    • Prosecco22
    • By Prosecco22 14th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Prosecco22
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    Contacted habito.
    Explained all details as not a straight forward mortgage due to some late payments nothing else, good cash deposit. Stated they could not help us at all no advice, disinterested, and unhelpful.
    Contacted Trussle. They took our case up and it should complete this week. Much nicer approach.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 98,597 Posts
    • 67,015 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    You generally find that the online services work perfectly fine on simple cases with no issues or not pushing lending limits. They are less interested in the time consuming stuff that may require paperwork. local brokers (doing the same job) are usually better on those scenarios.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Prosecco22
    • By Prosecco22 15th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Prosecco22
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    Trussle are online and they were interested. Very good customer service, very responsive. I would highly rate using an online mortgage adviser just not habito.
    • toml17
    • By toml17 15th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    toml17
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    Terrible do not use
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    They asked about every single personal question they could think of and tried to sell 3rd party products.

They wanted so much personal information i felt very uncomfortable and their responses from their live chat were very rude and unhelpful, they did not provide advice and took all of my financial history and personal identification ect and provided no service.

A complete waste of time and they now have all of personal data and have not provided any advice.
    • ShonaMcK
    • By ShonaMcK 1st Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ShonaMcK
    • 1st Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    • 1st Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    I've had the same experience. Took all our information and requested lots of documents (with slow replies) to eventually tell us they couldn't help at all. In their defence there was something on one of our credit reports we weren't aware of (just on Equifax not Experian) but they would not provide any advice at all after discovering this, despite all the time we had invested!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 1st Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 98,597 Posts
    • 67,015 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 1st Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 1st Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    I've had the same experience. Took all our information and requested lots of documents (with slow replies) to eventually tell us they couldn't help at all. In their defence there was something on one of our credit reports we weren't aware of (just on Equifax not Experian) but they would not provide any advice at all after discovering this, despite all the time we had invested!
    Originally posted by ShonaMcK
    Par for the course with the direct/online options. Local broker would likely have been better.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Braintree
    • By Braintree 1st Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    Braintree
    • 1st Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    • 1st Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    They were useless, we provided a lot of information and they never got back to us. We ended up using Sequence as a broker.
    • Chamberhousenick
    • By Chamberhousenick 21st Jan 19, 10:15 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Chamberhousenick
    • 21st Jan 19, 10:15 AM
    Dishonest company
    • 21st Jan 19, 10:15 AM
    Similar to others - very disappointing. I am an older borrower (and already have an offer from another lender) but as soon as they discovered my age (something they knew from the outset) they said they couldn't help. But of course by making me go through all the process they have captured all my information. Really bad feeling about them.
    • Hoopie1
    • By Hoopie1 21st Jan 19, 1:10 PM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Hoopie1
    They were excellent for me. I phoned them beforehand as there were things to discuss. They found an appropriate product. I filled in the form, sent them a batch of documentation and things were done pretty quickly. I would use them again.
    • blobbi
    • By blobbi 23rd Jan 19, 7:16 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    blobbi
    Really slow service. Asked for bank statements a month at a time, rather than all at once. Explained our situation but still took an age to get information together to put in front of lender. When we finally got there it took over 4 weeks to get a decision, and then a few days later they backtracked and said something different. Not very impressed and would not recommend.
    • lesuttle
    • By lesuttle 7th Feb 19, 4:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lesuttle
    I'm in the middle of using Habito for my first ever house purchase, and can't recommend them enough.

Not only has their service been super fast, their online chat feature has meant I can fire them any and every (and I mean every!) question that springs to mind about mortgage applications/terms/timeframes etc. They've been nothing short of amazingly friendly and helpful.

We got a mortgage in principle document from them within about 30mins of making an account and once the offer on our house was accepted, we messaged them straight away (late in the day on a Friday) We sent all our supporting documents on the Monday and by Tuesday had confirmation that everything had been sent to our Mortgage provider.

Truly excellent in my opinion!
    • Enobarbus3
    • By Enobarbus3 7th May 19, 4:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Enobarbus3
    Awful AVOID AVOID
    It took ages to enter many many very detailed personal financial details. I was then put on hold in their chat room. After 10 mins I suggested that we speak. I was called. The man did not have a clue. He claimed that he had no knowledge of facts which I had entered on their forms and which were pertinent to my application. He then asked me about them later. He did not understand what he was doing, at all. After testing him with a few basic questions, which he could neither answer no I think understand I terminated my application. I asked for my data to be deleted but I have no doubt it will not be,.
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,649Posts Today

5,755Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin