Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Panda/eyes_9
    • By Panda/eyes_9 8th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Panda/eyes_9
    Highview parking fine
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    Highview parking fine 8th Mar 18 at 7:46 PM
    Hi all,

I am new to forums so please bare with me. I hope i have posted this correctly.

I have received a letter today for a parking fine. It used to be that you could park all day for free but apparently that has changed now and you only get 2 hours for free. I did not know this and i didnt take any notice of any signs (although they may well be there) so i was there alot longer.

Is there anyway i can get round this fine please? Or am i stuck with it.

I havent contacted Highview in anyway yet - thought id ask on here first.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Panda/eyes_9; 13-03-2018 at 7:37 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    • 18,387 Posts
    • 23,287 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    firstly, it is not a "fine"

its an invoice, and it will be a Parking Charge Notice, or PCN for short

now read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum, and appeal as KEEPER (not driver) using the template in that thread (post #1)

hopefully they will cancel when they see that template appeal from the keeper

did the letter arrive within 14 days of the incident date ? or later ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,096 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    LOL it's Highview. It's not a fine and no, you do not pay this!

Search this forum for the word 'Highview' and copy the appeal that wins within hours!

A registered keeper appellant can't lose an appeal, if you follow our advice. 100% cancelled.

NO SAYING WHO WAS DRIVING.

Read the NEWBIES thread and please don't ask for a link to it...*

*see my signature below...
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-03-2018 at 7:51 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 9,520 Posts
    • 9,303 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Panda/eyes_9
    • By Panda/eyes_9 8th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Panda/eyes_9
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    firstly, it is not a "fine"

its an invoice, and it will be a Parking Charge Notice, or PCN for short

now read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum, and appeal as KEEPER (not driver) using the template in that thread (post #1)

hopefully they will cancel when they see that template appeal from the keeper

did the letter arrive within 14 days of the incident date ? or later ?
    Originally posted by Redx

The letter arrived today which is 14 days after the incident (22/2/18)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 10:07 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,096 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:07 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:07 PM
    Doesn't actually matter when it arrived because the wording can't hold a keeper liable, as you will have found by now from reading the NEWBIES thread and all the winning Highview threads!

9am tomorrow, try to beat our Highview 2 hour challenge. If you don't know what that is, you haven't searched the forum properly for 'Highview' because it is discussed far too many times!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Panda/eyes_9
    • By Panda/eyes_9 8th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Panda/eyes_9
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    Im afraid i dont think i have read the right threads just yet - im finding it difficult to find things and understand the jargon on here unfortunately as i said im new to forums. I have no idea what !!!8216;Newbies sticky thread!!!8217; is. I will keep looking though so thank you for your help. Am trying to figure out how to change my user name as i have come across a post that suggests i should do that but no luck in doing it so far :-/
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,096 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    That's because you have not read my signature...!!

You have replied saying you have no idea what the NEWBIES thread is or where it is, even though under EVERY post I make, I tell everyone EXACTLY where to click...top of this very page...2 clicks!

Hope you are not reading this forum on a phone (not possible).

• Redx
    • By Redx 8th Mar 18, 10:35 PM
    • 18,387 Posts
    • 23,287 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:35 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:35 PM
    I did tell you the NEWBIES sticky thread was near the top of this forum

use a laptop or a pc , not a phone
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Panda/eyes_9
    • By Panda/eyes_9 9th Mar 18, 3:18 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Panda/eyes_9
    Yes am viewing on a phone so will acess a computer instead and see how i get on - thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,166Posts Today

8,298Users online

Martin's Twitter