Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • georgiac
    • By georgiac 8th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 1,107Posts
    • 502Thanks
    georgiac
    Annual insurance
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    Annual insurance 8th Mar 18 at 4:15 PM
    We are looking at going on holiday in July with our two children aged 18 and 15.

This seems to be a small problem as family insurance doesn't seem to cover our 18 year old - please does anyone know any that do or do we take out a separate insurance for her?

We are going to book the holiday today - what date do we put for the insurance start date in case anything happens prior to the holiday - today or July?

Thanks
Page 1
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 8th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 21,871 Posts
    • 10,575 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    We are going to book the holiday today - what date do we put for the insurance start date in case anything happens prior to the holiday - today or July?
    You should start the insurance today.
    For example if you broke you leg tomorrow and couldn't travel in July you'd want cover for cancellation, so you want cover from the point when you book.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 8th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    You only need to insure for the date you are going away BUT make sure it covers cancellation incase you have an accident before you travel,most do cover this.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • georgiac
    • By georgiac 8th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    georgiac
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    You only need to insure for the date you are going away BUT make sure it covers cancellation incase you have an accident before you travel,most do cover this.
    Originally posted by Ganga
    Thanks Ganga - that was the bit I couldn't get my head around. It seemed daft to start the insurance immediately as we would lose 4 months of the annual cover.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Mar 18, 11:29 PM
    • 35,847 Posts
    • 20,086 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:29 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:29 PM
    Thanks Ganga - that was the bit I couldn't get my head around. It seemed daft to start the insurance immediately as we would lose 4 months of the annual cover.
    Originally posted by georgiac
    You misunderstand how it works

If you don't start your policy till the date your trip starts then you have no cancellation cover!

You need to be covered from the moment you book a trip.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,221Posts Today

8,583Users online

Martin's Twitter