Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 11th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 1,354Posts
    • 3,142Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Motherís Day gift buy a safe birth certificate £15
    • 11th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    Motherís Day gift buy a safe birth certificate £15 11th Feb 18 at 2:40 PM
    https://www.maternityworldwide.org/

Motherís Day is Sunday the 11th of March just 4 weeks away.

It can be a struggle to find a lasting and meaningful gift to give to someone you care for.

A Safe Birth Certificate will continue long after the chocolates have been eaten and the flowers have died Ė your gift will have helped to save a mother.

Let's help mothers give birth safely no matter where they live.

Safe Birth Certificate £15
    https://www.maternityworldwide.org/get-involved/online-shop/

I hope this appeals to some people.

I know charity gifts aren't every ones's cup of tea and people have there own preferred charities they donate too but I thought some people might like it.

I have received this from my kids and thought it was lovely. I also sent my mum one and she loved her's too.

Also these are ideal if you've left it to the last minute.

***New digital certificates can be instantly emailed to you or the recipient Ė perfect for a last minute gift!***

Digital Certificate

https://www.maternityworldwide.org/product/sponsor-a-safe-birth/

A similar idea is available from Oxfam for £17
    so this cheaper

But I prefer the small U.K. based in Brighton Maternity Worldwide as I believe more funds will go to the good cause.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy Ė itís blood. Please donít let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate giftÖ give blood.
Page 1
    • asajj
    • By asajj 11th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 4,286 Posts
    • 11,257 Thanks
    asajj
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    I bought this 2 years ago after you posted about it. It was well received and my mother-in-law still displays it on her kitchen wall. It is truly an amazing idea. Hope some more people will purchase it.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 11th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 3,142 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    I bought this 2 years ago after you posted about it. It was well received and my mother-in-law still displays it on her kitchen wall. It is truly an amazing idea. Hope some more people will purchase it.
    Originally posted by asajj
    Thatís great
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy Ė itís blood. Please donít let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate giftÖ give blood.
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 23rd Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 4,275 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    • 23rd Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    • 23rd Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    I know someone who bought her Dad, some land in Scotland. About a square foot of it, and he got a certificate to say he's a Laird.

https://scottishlaird.co.uk/collections/decorative-titles
    Last edited by SamsReturn; 23-02-2018 at 7:19 PM.
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 25th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 3,142 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    I know someone who bought her Dad, some land in Scotland. About a square foot of it, and he got a certificate to say he's a Laird.

https://scottishlaird.co.uk/collections/decorative-titles
    Originally posted by SamsReturn
    Not really the same. This is a charity donation.
    Last edited by lilmiss1982; 25-02-2018 at 8:24 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 25th Feb 18, 8:58 AM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 3,430 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:58 AM
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:58 AM
    I don't understand this idea of buying somebody a charity donation as a present. If YOU want to support that charity then just donate, don't assume that other people support the same charities and aims as you.

Giving this as a present is just appeasing your conscience, and tells the recipient that you would rather give to charity than buy them a present. If that's the case then don't buy them anything.
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 25th Feb 18, 9:41 PM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 3,142 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    • 25th Feb 18, 9:41 PM
    • 25th Feb 18, 9:41 PM
    I don't understand this idea of buying somebody a charity donation as a present. If YOU want to support that charity then just donate, don't assume that other people support the same charities and aims as you.

Giving this as a present is just appeasing your conscience, and tells the recipient that you would rather give to charity than buy them a present. If that's the case then don't buy them anything.
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    I think most people will know there own mumís pretty well and know weather or not this kind of gift will be appreciated or not.

It can be difficult to come up with fresh ideaís of what to buy, especially for the person who has everything.

Also the digital certificates are ideal if youíve left it until the last minute.
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 3rd Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 3,142 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    • 3rd Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    Few more ideas from Maternity worldwide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin