Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • r.mac
    • By r.mac 27th Jul 05, 3:37 PM
    • 4,736 Posts
    • 15,803 Thanks
    r.mac
    • 27th Jul 05, 3:37 PM
    • 27th Jul 05, 3:37 PM
    marinade quickly in a little lemon juice, olive oil and chilli. cook quickly on a griddle pan (about 2-3 mins on each side). serve with egg noodles and stir fry veg.

Yum
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    Originally posted by aless02
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    • 27th Jul 05, 3:38 PM
    • 27th Jul 05, 3:38 PM
    From The World's Healthiest foods website

Salad Entrees

Fish

• squeaky
    • By squeaky 27th Jul 05, 3:46 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 27th Jul 05, 3:46 PM
    Great finds Ted I've just done my monthly shop and forgot, yet again, to buy some fresh tuna steak to experiment with.

If I had a car I'd go get some right now to try that Asian Tuna! It looks seriously yummy!
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • scuzz
    You could have a go at sushi

Or quick griddle it on both sides and serve with pasta and a pesto sauce
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • ti1980
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:05 PM
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:05 PM
    Mmm, yum. I think I will go with the pasta idea this time as I love pasta and pesto but I have to try some of the other ideas too. Think I will get it out of the freezer tomorrow for dinner on Fri evening. Can't wait!

Thanks again to all.
  • Petal
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:08 PM
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:08 PM
    I sprinkle Cajun over mine and cook it on the griddle - have it with pasta and an arrabiatta type sauce.

Mmmm....
  • scuzz
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:31 PM
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:31 PM
    Mmm, yum. I think I will go with the pasta idea this time as I love pasta and pesto but I have to try some of the other ideas too. Think I will get it out of the freezer tomorrow for dinner on Fri evening. Can't wait!

Thanks again to all.
    by ti1980
    Glad to be of help!
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
    • JoBatch80
    • By JoBatch80 27th Jul 05, 5:43 PM
    • 2,136 Posts
    • 2,546 Thanks
    JoBatch80
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:43 PM
    • 27th Jul 05, 5:43 PM
    The only time ive had tuna steak is on a barbecue, it was yummy, had a chilli lemon type marinade, and was served on a seaweed sheet and a vegetable wild rice - lovely! I dont know the recipie, but I think it would be easy to make it up.

Jo xx
  • laurak
    tuna steak
    Hi there,

I have just found some tuna steaks in the depths of my freezer - the date is AUG 05 - is it still okay to defrost and eat?

Many Thanks
    • pol
    • By pol 19th Feb 06, 3:28 PM
    • 644 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    pol
    Yes, I'd eat them. If they look a bit dry, drizzle with a little oil. I've eaten stuff older than that, and lived to tell the tale!

Hope you enjoy them.
    pol
  • goldentouch
    We had older ones a couple of days again. They're really nice grilled with wholegrain mustard on them
    Silence is more musical than any song
    • comping cat
    • By comping cat 19th Feb 06, 3:34 PM
    • 23,809 Posts
    • 3,165,188 Thanks
    comping cat
    If it looks and smells ok when they are defrosted, you should have no probs at all!!!!
    • Mado
    • By Mado 19th Feb 06, 3:40 PM
    • 20,484 Posts
    • 42,143 Thanks
    Mado
    In the depth of the freezer... very cold then no doubt!
    Should be fine!!!!
    I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying “I don’t want to bore you with the details”.Milton Jones
  • MrsM
    D'yu think Laura's eaten the tuna yet - d'yu think she's OK, she hasn't posted here for a while!! Has she eaten it yet - is it defrosted??

LAURA!! are you ok??

Quick - call a paramedic!

all kiddin apart Laura - I'd eat them. Seems to me the worst thing that can happen to food in the freezer is it get's burnt or drys out, sometimes the flavour is a bit gone - but nothings killed me yet. Flavour is enhanced on some thing's so I'm told.
    • Yoga Girl
    • By Yoga Girl 19th Feb 06, 6:52 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Yoga Girl
    I'd give them a go. If you don't think they're going to taste as fresh you can cover them with oil/herbs etc. A favorite of ours is a sophie grigson recipe called "black-burnt fish steaks", you make up a thick paste and coat fish steaks with it before frying in a pan or griddle until it looks blackened.The ingredients she uses are:

paprika, salt, chilli powder, pepper, thyme, oregano, chopped onion, chopped garlic.

Grind or pound them together til they resemble a thick paste and coat both sides of the fish with it. This is a good recipe if you like things a bit spicy!

• Graham_S
    Fresh Tuna (merged)
    Hello,
    I was in Morrisons this morning and i bought a tuna steak - it was reduced to 99p I have never actually cooked tuna so does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to cook it .

Thanks

Graham
    Current CC debt : £00000

Was £4900 in May 2005

now got a girlfriend and savings
  • wigginsmum
    We've grilled and baked ours in the past, but the best result was from frying in a little butter - very moist and tender.
  • Noozan
    I love tuna steaks!

1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp vinegar, 1/2 tsp grated ginger, 1 clove crushed garlic. Mix everything together and rub over tuna steak. Leave to marinate for at least 20 mins. Heat griddle (or grill) to very hot. I cook them for about 3 mins each side so that it's still slightly pink the middle, but it depends on how thick your steak is.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • Graham_S
    thanks for that wigginsmum - every time i've seen tuna cooked on telly it has always been done so its raw in the middle - i'm not really a fan of raw fish so i will give frying a go - until it is cooked all the way through

Cheers

Graham
    Current CC debt : £00000

Was £4900 in May 2005

now got a girlfriend and savings
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,081Posts Today

7,589Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Short lived promo from Virgin - 100mb broadband (that's seriously fast) AND line for equiv of £19/mth - that's les? https://t.co/QqEwbcvsRN

• Follow Martin