Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,479Posts
    • 36,790Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 675
    • michaels
    • By michaels 3rd Jan 18, 10:47 PM
    • 20,801 Posts
    • 96,359 Thanks
    michaels
    Yes, you can use both & if you don't spend the full 10, the remainder stays on the 'card'. You can also still get your turkey stamp for your carvey on the app.
    Originally posted by Glyndwr
    Thanks

Don't suppose you tested using multiple 10 gift cards on one transaction / splitting table bill into multiple transactions to use multiple cards?!
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Anon
    • By Anon 3rd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,789 Thanks
    Anon
    I opted for new e-mails/new cards for each one. Having 26 current accounts helps with the cards
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Yes I have a drawer full of cards too with current accounts from various switching deals - I have reduced down but we still have about 40 to play with between us .

Anon
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 3rd Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    s4mmy
    If my memory is correct... tell your DD to go up to DEPARTURES and u go up to DEPARTURES in your car and wait for her there at the DROP OFF area... but you will need to stay in the car so tell DD to walk out and wait for u.

this will save u having to park and pay the rip off charges..
    Originally posted by Forgetful
    Thanks for the advice. Manchester certainly know how to charge for parking
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 3rd Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,178 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Soup (400g) 0.25 N/A
    1x Warburtons White Medium Sliced Bread (400g) 0.90 0.80
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.15 N/A
    1x Comfort Fabric Conditioner Intense Passion 64 Washes (960ml) 3.00 2.50
    1x ASDA Multigrain Crackers (170g) 0.79 N/A
    1x Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (800g) 3.00 1.50
    2x PG Tips Pyramid Teabags (160pk) 9.38 4.68
    1x ASDA Smart Price Salted Butter (250g) 1.40 N/A
    1x ASDA Tuna Mayonnaise Paste (75g) 0.45 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Ham & Beef Paste (75g) 0.25 N/A
    4x McVitie's Family Circle (670g) 10.00 3.00

9pm this evening

Sadly no Victoria in mine, my own fault for leaving it a bit late, I wasn't going to bother with biscuits, then I remembered I had a large apg to use by tomorrow
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 03-01-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• thry9698
    • By thry9698 3rd Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    thry9698
    Thanks for this.

So do you see the envelopes offer on the non-nfc device and then find that it then works on the previously used nfc phone? Do you have to remove or reinstall anything from the previously used nfc phone or simply add the second google account?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Yes the envelope offer shows on non nfc then just add account to nfc phone, can toggle between accounts and all gift cards visible on all accounts on nfc phone. Just need to find another android tablet or more up to date phone than those lying around in drawers!
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 3rd Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 37,344 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback

• underperky
    • By underperky 3rd Jan 18, 11:14 PM
    • 5,050 Posts
    • 64,221 Thanks
    underperky
    can I ask if anyone has noticed any good internet /phone deals please ?

TIA
    • michaels
    • By michaels 3rd Jan 18, 11:18 PM
    • 20,801 Posts
    • 96,359 Thanks
    michaels
    Yes the envelope offer shows on non nfc then just add account to nfc phone, can toggle between accounts and all gift cards visible on all accounts on nfc phone. Just need to find another android tablet or more up to date phone than those lying around in drawers!
    Originally posted by thry9698
    Thanks - so do we need a new device and email address (google account) for each new card added? Having added more than 1 card to a phone do you then do 10 transactions per day then switch card and do another 10 etc.

If this is the case then some tips on these tesco tills or atms that do not require an actual purchase would be very useful....

We used to have a bunch of 1-2-3 accounts but the increase in fees and cut in interest made them no longer worthwhile - still have 7 halifax between us though, amongst others....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 3rd Jan 18, 11:18 PM
    • 2,864 Posts
    • 38,153 Thanks
    pacifica9
    can I ask if anyone has noticed any good internet /phone deals please ?

TIA
    Originally posted by underperky
    I'm thinking of swapping to Plusnet.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 3rd Jan 18, 11:23 PM
    • 17,286 Posts
    • 210,215 Thanks
    mhoc
    If my memory is correct... tell your DD to go up to DEPARTURES and u go up to DEPARTURES in your car and wait for her there at the DROP OFF area... but you will need to stay in the car so tell DD to walk out and wait for u.

this will save u having to park and pay the rip off charges..
    Originally posted by Forgetful
    That brought back dreadful memories of going to pick up Eldest son from Manchester on his flights back from Cyprus when he was stationed out there, collecting at ungodly hours of the morning before the trains started running and everyone coming out of departures with tans and shorts to the bitter cold outside ...

Hate Manchester airport - well all airports but Manchester in particular - getting in and out of the place, they don't make it easy
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • louj101
    • By louj101 3rd Jan 18, 11:31 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 28,339 Thanks
    louj101
    evening all x

been making cards toninght, have i miss anything?

off to catch up x
    started slimming world on 8/10/13
    update on my weight loss 3st off

broke my back doing glitching
    • louj101
    • By louj101 3rd Jan 18, 11:32 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 28,339 Thanks
    louj101
    Heinz is over. I believe we're on borrowed time with the bisc / chocs but I'm sure another Elite member might correct me if I'm wrong.
    Originally posted by N6CNH
    thanks for the info
    started slimming world on 8/10/13
    update on my weight loss 3st off

broke my back doing glitching
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 3rd Jan 18, 11:53 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Off to bed now, so night night folks
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 4th Jan 18, 12:18 AM
    • 1,613 Posts
    • 9,201 Thanks
    Forgetful
    Thanks for the advice. Manchester certainly know how to charge for parking
    Originally posted by s4mmy
    Sorry ... but if I have remembered wrong... then Terminal 3 is the one thats on one level.... so if it is.... tell DD to just walk to the outside and u can just go to the DROP OFF area ... but they dont like u to wait too long so tell them to be quick..
    I usually go to a side road outside of the airport and wait till I get a call from whoever Im picking up ...then I drive over.

Gosh... my memory is terrible ...was only there last month..
    • BIG MOC
    • By BIG MOC 4th Jan 18, 12:48 AM
    • 548 Posts
    • 7,806 Thanks
    BIG MOC
    Hi
    Just been reading your views on Android Pay. I think its linked to the device even with factory reset I couldnt add a new account. I have managed to get one using a new gmail, same card on my Samsung tablet - you cant use this to pay with but I set up the new account with the tap and pay showing then signed in on my A3 which the previous account had been on. I hope this makes sense. I suppose a cheap android with at least 4.4( to download android pay) would work to set up an account even with no nfc as once the account is set up then sign in on a phone with nfc.
    Originally posted by thry9698
    Thank you so much for this. I've just set up my 2nd month
    Pobody's-Nerfect
    • Glyndwr
    • By Glyndwr 4th Jan 18, 12:54 AM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 65,613 Thanks
    Glyndwr
    Thanks

Don't suppose you tested using multiple 10 gift cards on one transaction / splitting table bill into multiple transactions to use multiple cards?!
    Originally posted by michaels
    No, sorry, but it's treated as an eGiftcard, so I would expect to be able to use more than 1 at a time.
    You can only claim 1 turkey stamp per visit but each person can claim on their own app, Not sure how they work that, but the T&Cs don't say it has to be different transactions.
    I would mention you have several cards before you start so they can potentially deal with the issue then if they need to split it.
    Don't forget the 40% off is for 4 people max.

Edit - multiple cards in one transaction do work.
    Last edited by Glyndwr; 04-01-2018 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Adding that multiple cards work.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 4th Jan 18, 6:28 AM
    • 3,726 Posts
    • 21,208 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people & happy new year.

Further reductions at m&s today online and instore.
    • wookeyhole1
    • By wookeyhole1 4th Jan 18, 6:43 AM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 36,121 Thanks
    wookeyhole1
    thank you for the biscuits, they worked well last night I found them in the biscuit isle (I thought they were seasonal)
    anyway, sunbites are a good filler against w too with the tommy k walkers as trigger. hth

1x Walkers Sunbites Barbecue Multigrain Snacks (6x25g)1.500.80
    4x McVitie's Victoria Carton (600g)16.004.00
    1x Walkers Sunbites Lightly Sea Salted Snacks (6x25g)1.500.80
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 4th Jan 18, 7:12 AM
    • 5,520 Posts
    • 72,461 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 4th Jan 18, 7:19 AM
    • 2,731 Posts
    • 38,125 Thanks
    Claire1972
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Soup (400g) 0.25 N/A
    1x Warburtons White Medium Sliced Bread (400g) 0.90 0.80
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.15 N/A
    1x Comfort Fabric Conditioner Intense Passion 64 Washes (960ml) 3.00 2.50
    1x ASDA Multigrain Crackers (170g) 0.79 N/A
    1x Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (800g) 3.00 1.50
    2x PG Tips Pyramid Teabags (160pk) 9.38 4.68
    1x ASDA Smart Price Salted Butter (250g) 1.40 N/A
    1x ASDA Tuna Mayonnaise Paste (75g) 0.45 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Ham & Beef Paste (75g) 0.25 N/A
    4x McVitie's Family Circle (670g) 10.00 3.00

9pm this evening

Sadly no Victoria in mine, my own fault for leaving it a bit late, I wasn't going to bother with biscuits, then I remembered I had a large apg to use by tomorrow
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Is this in store please I know mine has the biscuits but see 2 each
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,035Posts Today

8,422Users online

Martin's Twitter