Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Colorfulcool
    • By Colorfulcool 7th Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Questions about debt.
    • #1
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    Questions about debt. 7th Dec 17 at 8:10 PM
    Hello, I have a question about my situation which ended up with me leaving debt behind when I was moving to another country, from the UK. I'm mentally disabled and need a lot of support, and I became overwhelmed with moving. I had some contracts which were fixed contracts, as well as leaving my council flat abandoned. I understood that this might make it very hard for me to be able to return and rent with the council again, but couldn't get help and time was running out with the immigration process for moving to be with my disabled wife.

    I really want to return to Scotland with my wife, because I am becoming ill in this country and there's no support for disabled people. What could I do (if there's anything that can be done) to start repairing the situation so I could return to Scotland?

    I also am wondering if there is any way for me to find out, while I am still living abroad, if there is a county court judgement on me. I'm really not sure how any of that works, as I am not good with communication. (I needed help with writing this.)
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 7th Dec 17, 8:57 PM
    • 14,578 Posts
    • 13,721 Thanks
    • #2
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:57 PM
    • #2
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:57 PM

    What exactly is the situation, you say !!!8220;fixed contracts!!!8221; you need to elaborate on what exactly your debts are because we cannot guess unfortunately.

    Trustonline is the place to look for CCJ!!!8217;s, they will also show on your credit file, you need to obtain a copy of your report from all three credit reference agencies, Experian, Equifax And Noddle.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to Any views are mine and not the official line of

    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see :
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,757Posts Today

7,916Users online

Martin's Twitter