Repossession and Default Date

Hi,

i'm trying to clean up my credit file following on from a mortgage repossession in 2013. I stopped making payments in 2010. I need some advice regarding the correct default date if possible. The rules are complicated and confusing me, as I know mortgage debts are slightly different to other types of debts. Ideally I want to know if I have grounds to change the default date to 3-6 months from missed payments, then it will have cleared off my credit file, as I am wanting another mortgage now I have remarried and moved-on. The repossession happened after a violent marriage break-up, where myself and the children had to be rehoused to another area due to harassment from my ex.

In summary, the default date applied is the date of repossession not the date of first missed payment. Is this correct? The lender took over 18 months to sell the house and the markers on my credit file are completely messed up in order.

Took out mortgage March 2009 - okay until:-
Sept 2010 - 1st missed payment '1' marker applied
Oct 2010 '2' applied
November 2010 '3' applied
December 2010 '4' applied
Jan 2011 - March 2011 - '3' applied again
April 2011 - Jun 2011 - '2' applied again
July - Nov 2011 - '3' applied
Dec 2011 - '4' applied
Jan 2012 - '5' applied
Feb 2012 until Jan 2013 '6' applied (nearly a year!)
Feb 2013 (Default notice)
March - Account marked as satisfied and property sold.

It was with Northern Rock but now Landmark mortgages. I have written to them to ask them to change the default date but not had a reply, and I don't actually know if I have grounds to do so. Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do regarding this or was due process followed?

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family