Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    • 549Posts
    • 189Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Legal challenge to PPI deadline thrown out
    • 23rd Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    MSE News: Legal challenge to PPI deadline thrown out 23rd Oct 17 at 3:20 PM
    A legal challenge to the PPI reclaim deadline has reached the end of the line after being turned down for a second time....
    Read the full story:
    'Legal challenge to PPI deadline thrown out'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 23rd Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 23,850 Posts
    • 13,213 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 23rd Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    "It's just very, very sad for people who are never going to get the money that was taken", says the legal representative of a claims management company who ironically have also "taken" money from the same punters who were mis-sold by Banks

To be honest, I think two years until the deadline is more than enough; especially with all the publicity it is being afforded.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 23rd Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    • 16,833 Posts
    • 18,918 Thanks
    amersall
    • 23rd Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    This is the best outcome in my opinion, 2 years is long enough now.
    Hopefully, people will make their own claim instead of using a claims company, I fear the claims co will do their utmost to make as much as they can with these PPI claims up to the deadline, so expect lots of cold calling and lies from these everyone.

• mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 23rd Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 40,446 Posts
    • 312,470 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 23rd Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    Still far too long, they should have made it this December for any claim through a claim "management" company and only to the final deadline for people handling their own claims.

What would be a real treat would be a review of the excessive fees charged by the claim management mob leading the way for people to then automatically be able to reclaim most of the fee.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 23rd Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 23,850 Posts
    • 13,213 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 23rd Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    What would be a real treat would be a review of the excessive fees charged by the claim management mob leading the way for people to then automatically be able to reclaim most of the fee.
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    Well, we can dream I suppose!
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 23rd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 40,446 Posts
    • 312,470 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 23rd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    Well, we can dream I suppose!
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    I suppose it would almost amount to cannibalism for a company to handle excessive fee reclaims.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 23rd Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 6,192 Posts
    • 7,193 Thanks
    societys child
    • 23rd Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    It's been dragged out for years, just how much time do people need? Suppose it drives traffic to the ppi board though . . .

• Sparx
    • By Sparx 23rd Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 498 Thanks
    Sparx
    • 23rd Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    I'm so glad there is a deadline!! 2 years can't come quick enough.

It means I will not have to see or listen anymore to the god awful TV, radio and online ads for PPI claims management companies. They will have to move on to the next con to try get their money or go bust themselves.

People have had YEARS to reclaim PPI now they have another 2 years. How long do you need to file a claim? Jesus Christ.
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 23rd Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    • 6,561 Posts
    • 7,634 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 23rd Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    • 23rd Oct 17, 10:25 PM

It means I will not have to see or listen anymore to the god awful TV, radio and online ads for PPI claims management companies. They will have to move on to the next con to try get their money or go bust themselves.

People have had YEARS to reclaim PPI now they have another 2 years. How long do you need to file a claim? Jesus Christ.
    Originally posted by Sparx
    The least they could have done is ban any form af advertising from claims companies with immediate effect, so that I don't have keep listening these chancers every time I tune in to Planet Rock
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 24th Oct 17, 8:53 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Caddyman

Originally posted by Sparx
    You think you'll never hear of PPI again once the deadline finally happens? My guess is, PPI will drone on in the background forever, deadline or no deadline......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,283Posts Today

8,145Users online

Martin's Twitter