Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Sep 17, 12:20 PM
    • 128Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    MSE News: New E.on energy tariff offers two free cinema tickets a month
    • 28th Sep 17, 12:20 PM
    MSE News: New E.on energy tariff offers two free cinema tickets a month 28th Sep 17 at 12:20 PM
    Big six supplier E.on has launched a new fixed deal offering two free cinema tickets a month...
    Read the full story:
    'New E.on energy tariff offers two free cinema tickets a month'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 28th Sep 17, 12:59 PM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 73,521 Thanks
    D_M_E
    • 28th Sep 17, 12:59 PM
    • 28th Sep 17, 12:59 PM
    It's just a gimmick - why don't they just cut the cost of the annual energy bill by £250 instead - saving on having to buy the tickets, saving on administering the scheme, saving themselves big headaches when it goes wrong and customers don't the promised "freebie", the list of potential savings for them goes on.
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 28th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Caddyman
    • 28th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 28th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    It's just a gimmick - why don't they just cut the cost of the annual energy bill by £250 instead - saving on having to buy the tickets, saving on administering the scheme, saving themselves big headaches when it goes wrong and customers don't the promised "freebie", the list of potential savings for them goes on.
    Originally posted by D_M_E
    You got there before me. I agree, what a ridiculous thing to do. Why energy companies can't just stick to selling energy instead of offering inflated tariffs to cover gimmicks like cinema tickets, is beyond me. Not all of us were all born yesterday. Nothing in this world is really 'free' except the air we breathe (unless you're a scuba diver and you need your tank refilling!)
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 29th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    E.ON Fixed 1 Year Cinema Bundle Tariff
    • 29th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    Know where you're coming from D_M_E and thank you for posting. I wouldn't expect this tariff to appeal to many on MSE where price is usually the bottom line. Other customers, though, can have different approaches and we're looking to give our products a more varied appeal. We've received a lot of feedback from customers unhappy at the withdrawal of our old Rewards scheme earlier this year so we're testing the waters with offers like this.

I've started feeding back reactions to our latest offers to the tariff people here at E.ON and have included your comments. It helps give a rounder picture so thank you again for taking the time to post.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • 29th Sep 17, 11:10 AM
    • 29th Sep 17, 11:10 AM
    You got there before me. I agree, what a ridiculous thing to do. Why energy companies can't just stick to selling energy instead of offering inflated tariffs to cover gimmicks like cinema tickets, is beyond me. Not all of us were all born yesterday. Nothing in this world is really 'free' except the air we breathe (unless you're a scuba diver and you need your tank refilling!)
    Originally posted by Caddyman
    As above Caddyman, we're looking at different approaches to meet the varied demands of our overall customer base. Totally appreciate, this type of product will generally be of no interest to MSE users but other customers have asked us for different things. The reaction to the removal of our Rewards scheme earlier this year showed us the diverse approach among our customers to what they want from their tariffs.

I've added your comments to the feedback I mentioned above. Thank you for this. It all helps give as full a picture as possible to the overall reaction to this type of offer.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 29th Sep 17, 1:02 PM
    • 2,387 Posts
    • 10,494 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    • 29th Sep 17, 1:02 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 1:02 PM
    Definitely not one for me, its not a "freebie" if you have to pay more to get it. Also if this was the joint cheapest tariff for me this wouldn't persuade me to go with Eon over another supplier as the free tickets would be useless to be as don't have Odeon or Vue. If they were Cineworld Tickets and your tariff (without taking into account ticket cost) was joint cheapest with another company it would likely persuade me to go to Eon over the other company.
    • 29th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    Definitely not one for me, its not a "freebie" if you have to pay more to get it. Also if this was the joint cheapest tariff for me this wouldn't persuade me to go with Eon over another supplier as the free tickets would be useless to be as don't have Odeon or Vue. If they were Cineworld Tickets and your tariff (without taking into account ticket cost) was joint cheapest with another company it would likely persuade me to go to Eon over the other company.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    Good point SuiDreams. The cinema tickets are worthless if you don't use Odeon or Vue. Even more so if you don't like the cinema at all. As Andrew says in his MSE article, to benefit, customers really need to be film buffs and go to the cinema regularly.

We're looking at new ways to interact with our customers so I've passed your comments through to the people here at E.ON who are looking after this project. It'll help them better see the overall reaction to this type of product and thank you for taking the time to post.

Malc
    • Bark01
    • By Bark01 29th Sep 17, 2:42 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    Bark01
    • 29th Sep 17, 2:42 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 2:42 PM
    Because they can say they are giving you £250 worth of saving. When they will be getting the tickets for below cost and they also know that most people won't use their full allocation of tickets. The actual cost to the supplier will be well below the £250 quoted.

If they give a straight £250 discount its will have a direct 1 to 1 impact on their bottom line.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

648Posts Today

6,538Users online

Martin's Twitter