Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 1st Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    • 543Posts
    • 188Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE NEWS: 'I avoided debt thanks to £45,000 in PPI reclaims'
    • 1st Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    MSE NEWS: 'I avoided debt thanks to £45,000 in PPI reclaims' 1st Sep 17 at 11:19 AM
    A self-employed IT consultant who was left without work has avoided getting into debt after reclaiming £45,000 in PPI with the help of MoneySavingExpert.com's free PPI reclaim tool....
    Read the full story:
    ''I avoided debt thanks to £45,000 in PPI reclaims''

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 1st Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 23,800 Posts
    • 13,150 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    I'm sorry but this is just blatant promotion of Resolver.

"Sarah" would have received a £45, 000 refund if she had simply written complaint letters to the PPI providers. She didn't need a third party E-Mail template in order to do this...
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 1st Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 3,932 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    A self-employed IT consultant who was left without work has avoided getting into debt
    Even taking into account statutory interest, £45,000 in refunds suggests that Sarah had been in a great deal of debt.

In Sarah's case, though, she managed to reclaim PPI without even knowing for sure that she'd had it – except in one case – and without being sure she'd been mis-sold.
    Is MSE advocating people making frivolous claims?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 1st Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 23,800 Posts
    • 13,150 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    Even taking into account statutory interest, £45,000 in refunds suggests that Sarah had been in a great deal of debt.
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    Exactly.

Does Resolver really need to be advertised in this manner? Seriously, how is this "news"?
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 1st Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 3,770 Posts
    • 5,679 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    Sooner the deadline arrives so I stop receiving calls everyday the better.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 4th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 2,367 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    phillw
    • 4th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 4th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    Is MSE advocating people making frivolous claims?
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    As they say you should include a cheque for £10 for enquiries on closed accounts then maybe they are getting a kickback from the banks?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

867Posts Today

7,032Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin