Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rebob
    • By Rebob 24th Jul 05, 10:57 AM
    • 990Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Rebob
    Pressure cooking times for a true rubber chicken!
    • 24th Jul 05, 10:57 AM
    Pressure cooking times for a true rubber chicken! 24th Jul 05 at 10:57 AM
    Hi

Due to strapped finances I have bought a frozen 4lb / 1.6kg chicken. As these are a little rubbery I decided to pressure cook it. How long please as I normally use my pressure cooker for stews and pulses? :confused:

speedy reply would be great as I am about to switch it on!

Thanks
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 24th Jul 05, 11:16 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 24th Jul 05, 11:16 AM
    • 24th Jul 05, 11:16 AM
    From an earlier thread about pressure cookers... try here...

sorry mbth, but i found this site really helpful when i first got mine. www.missvickie.com/recipes/recipeframe.html

Edit: I can't get the link to work. Sorry.
    Last edited by squeaky; 24-07-2005 at 11:56 AM.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 24th Jul 05, 11:59 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 24th Jul 05, 11:59 AM
    • 24th Jul 05, 11:59 AM
    All you ever wanted to know about chicken and pressure cookers and timing...

Click Here

Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Rebob
    • By Rebob 24th Jul 05, 4:56 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Rebob
    • 24th Jul 05, 4:56 PM
    • 24th Jul 05, 4:56 PM
    Thanks Squeaky for that. You have just shown me how to narrow my searches better!
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 24th Jul 05, 5:40 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 24th Jul 05, 5:40 PM
    • 24th Jul 05, 5:40 PM
    You're welcome

I see I managed to get it down to only 331,000 results

How did the chicken turn out?

• Rebob
    • By Rebob 24th Jul 05, 8:11 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Rebob
    • 24th Jul 05, 8:11 PM
    • 24th Jul 05, 8:11 PM
    fine thanks. Roast lunch for three today, plenty for a curry or something tomorrow, made some soup and there are plenty of scraps for Poppy dog too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

3,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin