Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 25th May 17, 2:27 PM
    • 396Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    0 WOW
    Nectar card holders lose points after 'technical glitch'
    • 25th May 17, 2:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Nectar card holders lose points after 'technical glitch' 25th May 17 at 2:27 PM
    A "technical glitch' has resulted in some Sainsbury's shoppers seeing points disappear from their Nectar account. If you're a Nectar cardholder, check your account now - though Nectar has promised the mistake will be fixed and any lost points restored..

Read the full story:
    'Nectar card holders lose points after 'technical glitch'''

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 25-05-2017 at 3:29 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • HornetSaver
    • By HornetSaver 25th May 17, 3:36 PM
    • 3,051 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    HornetSaver
    • 25th May 17, 3:36 PM
    • 25th May 17, 3:36 PM
    This probably explains the relatively generous 500 Nectar points for 20 spend voucher I got this afternoon.
    I'm standing by my pre-referendum prediction: "Brexit will lead to a recession"

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70662330
    • prixon
    • By prixon 25th May 17, 4:49 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    prixon
    • 25th May 17, 4:49 PM
    missing nectar points @ Sainsburys
    • 25th May 17, 4:49 PM
    Yeah did notice this - I collected a few nectar points in Sainsburys on 11th May and my till receipt confirmed the new increased points balance. However these points have never appeared on my nectar balance online/in the app (although subsequent usage in Sainsburys appears to have been picked up OK). I don't have the receipt any longer so can't prove the discrepancy, and it is only pennies worth anyway, so hoping that it will just be sorted out in due course.
    • crispydragonfly
    • By crispydragonfly 22nd Jun 17, 6:28 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 133,373 Thanks
    crispydragonfly
    • 22nd Jun 17, 6:28 AM
    Missing Nectar Points
    • 22nd Jun 17, 6:28 AM
    I was caught up in the missing Nectar points glitch on 12th May and nearly 6 weeks later, I still haven't received my points.

I have contacted Nectar on various occasions, but every time they ask for proof, then promise the points will be added within a week, but they never are. I have to start from the beginning every time, despite having a case number allotted to me.

I m over 2000 points missing, which is substantial and I am now not sure how to proceed.
    To err is human, but to really mess things up you need a computer.
    • maisie06
    • By maisie06 2nd Jul 17, 7:32 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    maisie06
    • 2nd Jul 17, 7:32 AM
    Nectar points have "gone missing"
    • 2nd Jul 17, 7:32 AM
    Hi...I wonder if anyone else has recently had this problem? On a google search the results are all around 2014/2015...

It seems my nectar points have been "stolen" I had over 90 on my card saved and I redeemed a few of these last week, on next checking my balance 5 days later my account was in "debit" to the tune of just over 10....so I just thought "computer error" checked my nectar account online and sure enough I could see the 10 I had redeemed myself in a sainsburys store and then another transaction redeeming the last of my points plus more, now how the hell can that happen as I thought you couldn't redeem any more points than is on the card for a start?

I rand Nectar who were totally disinterested and practically accused me of lending my card to someone else as that "is the only possible way for this to happen"...I have NOT let anyone else use the card and DH doesn't even do the shopping!! They then questioned my using the card twice in the same store on the same day - ermmmm yes... I did a weekly shop then went back later to buy some nice hanging baskets I'd spotted as they were nicer and cheaper than the B&Q ones and I could redeem some points. But in NO WAY did I redeem 90 worth of points on a 19 shop....ididots.

I am wondering if the problem has arisen through the self service till I used? I have tried talking to sainsburys - not interested either. So it's looking like collecting the points was a waste of time and although not "real" money it's very annoying as I was saving the rest for some xmas treats. Has anyone else got their points back after this fraud?

The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that if they (nectar) wipe some large points balances they don't have to pay out so much...makes me wonder. For me I will never sign up to a loyalty card again..I tend to use sainsburys as I pass it on the right side of the road on my way home so uber convienient...but I have plenty of other stores within easy reach so although they won't care I won't be shopping in sainsburys anymore. rant over.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 2nd Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 8,170 Posts
    • 14,868 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 2nd Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    Have you ever used triple or 5x point when spending x and scanned them when you not spent x?

They do scan, but Nectar can see you not spent the x, they have every right to knock the points off.

This is what my friends who work for Sainsburys have said.

Are you sure your card hasn't been used in fraud
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 2nd Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    • 812 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    PLRFD
    • 2nd Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    ....ididots.
    Originally posted by maisie06
    • maisie06
    • By maisie06 2nd Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    maisie06
    • 2nd Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    No - I have never used any vouchers that are not applicable...I have never given my card to another person, it never leaves my purse. It is fraud and I'm quite gutted to have lost the points as 90 odd quid towards the christmas shop is very welcome. Still Sainsburys have lost my custom now.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 2nd Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 34,400 Posts
    • 21,745 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 2nd Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    Can you not see where or how the points were used eg used in a certain store ?

Was your password easy to guess or one you use for another site ?

No, nectar point balances aren't wiped if they are too large.
    • kar999
    • By kar999 22nd Aug 17, 7:40 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    kar999
    Points fraudulently redeemed.

Found out that yesterday my nectar points had been redeemed in an Argos stores 150 miles away. It wasn't me as my card is still in my wallet and never used a key fob card.
    I suspect it's a clone/hacked account as my substantial (Hundreds of pounds) balance was redeemed in one go leaving just 2 so the perpetrator knew how much to spend!

With only one level of security (no pin or ID needed) I won't be accumulating a hefty balance again.

I've been assured from Nectar that I will get my points back within 28 days..... let's hope so.
    Last edited by kar999; 22-08-2017 at 7:49 PM. Reason: .
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 24th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Hi...I wonder if anyone else has recently had this problem? On a google search the results are all around 2014/2015...

It seems my nectar points have been "stolen" I had over 90 on my card saved and I redeemed a few of these last week, on next checking my balance 5 days later my account was in "debit" to the tune of just over 10....so I just thought "computer error" checked my nectar account online and sure enough I could see the 10 I had redeemed myself in a sainsburys store and then another transaction redeeming the last of my points plus more, now how the hell can that happen as I thought you couldn't redeem any more points than is on the card for a start?

I rand Nectar who were totally disinterested and practically accused me of lending my card to someone else as that "is the only possible way for this to happen"...I have NOT let anyone else use the card and DH doesn't even do the shopping!! They then questioned my using the card twice in the same store on the same day - ermmmm yes... I did a weekly shop then went back later to buy some nice hanging baskets I'd spotted as they were nicer and cheaper than the B&Q ones and I could redeem some points. But in NO WAY did I redeem 90 worth of points on a 19 shop....ididots.

I am wondering if the problem has arisen through the self service till I used? I have tried talking to sainsburys - not interested either. So it's looking like collecting the points was a waste of time and although not "real" money it's very annoying as I was saving the rest for some xmas treats. Has anyone else got their points back after this fraud?

The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that if they (nectar) wipe some large points balances they don't have to pay out so much...makes me wonder. For me I will never sign up to a loyalty card again..I tend to use sainsburys as I pass it on the right side of the road on my way home so uber convienient...but I have plenty of other stores within easy reach so although they won't care I won't be shopping in sainsburys anymore. rant over.
    Originally posted by maisie06
    I have a Nectar card linked to Sainsbury’s etc and just had 8000 points taken via a store in London, I was in West Yorkshire at the time! .... and not even shopping. Nectar’s fraud dept are looking at it. Anyone else had any issues with Nectar recently..... check your balance!
    • kerryallc71
    • By kerryallc71 29th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 355 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    kerryallc71
    This has happened to me today but the person or persons used my nectar points for eBay and not my eBay account , i had 42.99 and now only have 98p left , they used 8500 of my points , i had an email to say that my email account had been changed which was used on my nectar account , i have the nectar point card app and i went into my account details and it had a different email & mobile number in it , i know i should of written the details down but i panicked and i put my email & mobile number back into it and it didn't even ask me any security questions unlike the Tesco clubcard account .

i was only in our local sainsburys yesterday and my points were all still there .

i am very worried because this is the first time something like this has happened to me , i tried to contact nectar card but its closed and it closed at 5pm today , i was saving these points for Xmas .

i will be phoning them tomorrow and my bank has advised me to contact the police and get a fraud code or something .
    Last edited by kerryallc71; 29-10-2017 at 8:00 PM.
    • kar999
    • By kar999 30th Aug 18, 11:23 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    kar999
    The glitch seems to have reappeared.

Two transactions showed points being added to the cumulative total on my Sainsbury's receipts but not showing in the app or nectar website.

Not happened before to me.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 3rd Sep 18, 8:03 AM
    • 7,370 Posts
    • 10,784 Thanks
    surfsister
    yes me too but they reappeared when I contacted them
    • kar999
    • By kar999 3rd Sep 18, 10:44 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    kar999
    I've contacted them but been told to wait 28 days. The longest previous delay for bonus points to be added had only been 7 days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

2,623Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin