Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 2nd May 17, 7:50 PM
    • 274Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Luke
    MSE News: Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to help leaseholders trapped by onerous...
    • 2nd May 17, 7:50 PM
    MSE News: Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to help leaseholders trapped by onerous... 2nd May 17 at 7:50 PM
    Housebuilding company Taylor Wimpey has earmarked £130m as part of plans to help customers trapped in onerous contracts...
    Read the full story:
    'Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to help leaseholders trapped by onerous contracts'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • Frezki
    • By Frezki 19th May 17, 10:41 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frezki
    • 19th May 17, 10:41 AM
    Bouth the leasehold not through TW but TW is freeholder.
    • 19th May 17, 10:41 AM
    Hi Luke & All,

I have bought a leasehold flat build by TW, but not purchased from TW. I purchased it in in 2014 and my leasehold has the 10 year doubling of ground rent clause in it. The property was build in 2009.

Now on TW website about the "Ground Rent Review Assistance Scheme" says that only customers who purchased through Taylor Wimpey are eligible for the application for the schema. Otherwise I would need to contact the current freeholder.

However, TW is also the current freeholder. I'm unsure what the best cause of action is. I see two options. One is I write a letter to TW directly or I apply for the schema ignoring the fact that I did not purchase it from TW directly.

What would you or anybody else in the forum recommend?

Kind Regards

Frezki
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

19Posts Today

3,081Users online

Martin's Twitter