Teletext holidays have mis-old me a holiday. What to do next?

Comments

• Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Hi Muddym2002,

We are really sorry for the confusion, the previous post was made in error and we do apologies.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • muddym2002
    muddym2002 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Nice to hear from you? Can you assist me with my query?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,352
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    muddym2002 wrote: »
    Nice to hear from you? Can you assist me with my query?

it was 7 days ago the rep first posted on here, have they sorted it yet, would be unusual if they have
  • muddym2002
    Haha Nope. I keep getting fobbed off by them. Apparently it will be all sorted tomorrow!! I dont hold much hope!
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,842
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I hope 'tomorrow'really arrives soon but the history of Truly Travel isn't good, and for those who may have previously booked with the good Alpharooms, the bad news is they have been bought by Truly Travel, you have been warned!
  • muddym2002
    Teletext wrote: »
    Hi Muddym2002,

We are really sorry for the confusion, the previous post was made in error and we do apologies.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays

Why aren't you communicating with me on here? You said a rep would contact me but you don't even know my booking reference! No one has contacted me. I'm the one constantly calling and chasing your customer services team!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,585
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    muddym2002 wrote: »
    Why aren't you communicating with me on here? You said a rep would contact me but you don't even know my booking reference! No one has contacted me. I'm the one constantly calling and chasing your customer services team!
    You can usually send a private message to posters registered on here.

I find it very poor customer service that that particular option is not available on Teletext's user id.
    Very poor indeed - but then again, I can't say I'm particularly surprised that they don't want to give unhappy customers a way of getting in touch with them.

To the OP:
    On the subject of private messages, have you checked that Teletext haven't sent you a pm?
    Towards the top of the screen, where it says "Welcome muddym2002" to the right it says 'Private Messages (PMs)".
    Do you have any there that are unread?
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    You can usually send a private message to posters registered on here.

I find it very poor customer service that that particular option is not available on Teletext's user id.
    Very poor indeed - but then again, I can't say I'm particularly surprised that they don't want to give unhappy customers a way of getting in touch with them.

To the OP:
    On the subject of private messages, have you checked that Teletext haven't sent you a pm?
    Towards the top of the screen, where it says "Welcome muddym2002" to the right it says 'Private Messages (PMs)".
    Do you have any there that are unread?

I haven't got any unread pm from teletext holidays. I don't see the point of having a teletext rep on this forum. They don't do anything!! Why doesn't the rep post on this issue?!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,585
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I guess I may have been a little unkind to Teletext regarding not being able to send them pms, although the lack of this facility for 'verified users' is supposed to protect posters from touting, not the company from unhappy customers.
    Verified accounts can't send private messages

Verified accounts don't have the facility to send or receive PMs.
    If they need to ask site users for personal details, they can include a special customer service email address in their profile page and refer to the fact it's there in their posts. They're not permitted to post it on the open forum.
    This rule prevents companies touting for business through PMs and ensures forum members actively seek out a company’s contact details.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=1.172848678.423494737.1487771712

I agree that if a company is aware of an issue and doesn't take the opportunity to contact the customer, there really is little point in being a verified user.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,842
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It is fairly obvious that Teletext have a system for trawling through complaint forums and telling people 'sorry' and then doing nothing about it. It may make them look good but the endless stories of no action being taken actually makes them look worse. If you intend to ignore customers, just do so, their reputation is on a par with United Airlines.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure