Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • supermas
    • By supermas 9th Feb 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    supermas
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:54 PM
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:54 PM
    I have just spoken to the HSBC switching team to take advantage of this great news but their initial response was not good.

After initially refusing my request, stating that Norwich & Peterborough are not part of CASS, I mentioned that fact that I had seen this article on the MSE website which stated that switching and, importantly, the associated incentives would be honoured.

After stating that they were not aware of this agreement, they have now promised to investigate the validity of your statement and let me know, by phone, in a couple of days.

I will let you know the outcome.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 9th Feb 17, 7:47 PM
    • 10,828 Posts
    • 7,162 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 9th Feb 17, 7:47 PM
    • 9th Feb 17, 7:47 PM
    I have just spoken to the HSBC switching team to take advantage of this great news but their initial response was not good.

After initially refusing my request, stating that Norwich & Peterborough are not part of CASS, I mentioned that fact that I had seen this article on the MSE website which stated that switching and, importantly, the associated incentives would be honoured.

After stating that they were not aware of this agreement, they have now promised to investigate the validity of your statement and let me know, by phone, in a couple of days.

I will let you know the outcome.
    Originally posted by supermas
    Knowing HSBC response times it could be a while...
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 9th Feb 17, 8:19 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 9th Feb 17, 8:19 PM
    • 9th Feb 17, 8:19 PM
    The N&P accounts close on 31 August. Is this enough time to complete a switch to HSBC?
    • realaledrinker
    • By realaledrinker 9th Feb 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    realaledrinker
    • 9th Feb 17, 9:22 PM
    • 9th Feb 17, 9:22 PM
    its not so much how long a switch takes, more the time to open the account in the first place. At least a month from start to finish. Alert your postie as his workload will shortly increase!
    Ethical moneysaver
    • supermas
    • By supermas 14th Feb 17, 2:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    supermas
    • 14th Feb 17, 2:48 PM
    HSBC have replied
    • 14th Feb 17, 2:48 PM
    I received a phone call from HSBC this morning confirming they will now honour switches from Norwich & Peterborough Current Accounts using the manual switching process as long as all terms and conditions are met.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

774Posts Today

7,110Users online

Martin's Twitter