Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 15th Dec 16, 2:50 PM
    • 4,729 Posts
    • 2,094 Thanks
    Vauban
    • 15th Dec 16, 2:50 PM
    • 15th Dec 16, 2:50 PM
    It would be good if MSE made the point that Ryanair are not able to determine which courts have jurisdiction over flight delay claims - that is a matter for the courts, informed by relevant case law. Stop peddling their propaganda!

EDIT: Here is the judgement from the European Court, which is very clear on this: http://curia.europa.eu/juris/liste.jsf?language=en&num=C-204/08
    Last edited by Vauban; 15-12-2016 at 2:54 PM.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 15th Dec 16, 2:54 PM
    • 19,004 Posts
    • 8,016 Thanks
    richardw
    • 15th Dec 16, 2:54 PM
    • 15th Dec 16, 2:54 PM
    er easier just to pay the claims.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • gadgetmind
    • By gadgetmind 15th Dec 16, 7:29 PM
    • 10,921 Posts
    • 8,909 Thanks
    gadgetmind
    • 15th Dec 16, 7:29 PM
    • 15th Dec 16, 7:29 PM
    Easier just to not use Ryanair, ever. Yes, they are cheap, but no not really.

Search for "cheap flights" on Youtube. :-)
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 15th Dec 16, 10:49 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 2,610 Thanks
    Consumerist
    • 15th Dec 16, 10:49 PM
    • 15th Dec 16, 10:49 PM
    Anyone still using Ryanair gets what they deserve.

Ryanair seems to re-define wording to its own specifications so one has to wonder how it re-defines safety procedures to suit its own needs.

Take O'leary's own advice and go elsewhere. Best advice I've heard from him. Ever.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • lottieheaven
    • By lottieheaven 10th Aug 17, 6:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lottieheaven
    • 10th Aug 17, 6:02 PM
    Success with Ryanir
    • 10th Aug 17, 6:02 PM
    Hi, just wanted to share some good news about Ryanair and claiming compensations for a delayed flight. On 20th July my hubbie and two children were delayed at Alicante airport back to Stansted by just over 6 hours for a technical fault with the plane. Whilst the rep at the airport and a quick email from Ryanair to signpost hubbie to a travel insurance claim we went on the Ryanair website and completed their online for for compensation under EU ruling. After a week they emailed back to ask for our bank details which we provided and yesterday a BACS payment arrived in our account for £1055 (400 euros per passenger) VERY pleasantly surprised how quick and painless the process was ................ well done to Ryanair from us !!
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 575 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 10th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    Yes but they told you to look at your travel insurance hoping that you would give up when your insurance said no claim. The fact you got the compensation is nothing more than you were entitled to. Can you imagine how many people on your flight didn't bother after contacting their travel insurers and how much compensation Ryanair saved. Don't be so quick to congratulate the airlines, they will try every trick in the book including lying to save paying out compensation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

4,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin