Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 10th Dec 07, 9:55 AM
    • 13,024 Posts
    • 48,287 Thanks
    Nelski
    • 10th Dec 07, 9:55 AM
    • 10th Dec 07, 9:55 AM
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's 'The twiglets company should be ashamed' blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Read Martin's 'The twiglets company should be ashamed' Blog.

Click reply to discuss below.
    Originally posted by MSE Lawrence
    should that be a link lawrence - not working for me
  • Edinburghlass
    • 10th Dec 07, 10:51 AM
    • 10th Dec 07, 10:51 AM
    Someone has been looking for them all year...

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/rholland/entry/worcester_sauce_tangy/

Prefer the original myself
    • Fran
    • By Fran 10th Dec 07, 12:28 PM
    • 11,017 Posts
    • 6,469 Thanks
    Fran
    • 10th Dec 07, 12:28 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 12:28 PM
    I've signed that, I never realised, how could they do this, they're an institution, my taste buds are slavering at the thought, wot?! no Twiglets????!!!

(Be ready to duck and dive the pop ups when you go to sign the petition though!)
    Torgwen.......... ...........

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Techie, Benefits & Employment, Energy, Small biz & Charities and Redundancy boards to help them run smoothly & I can move posts & threads but don't read them all. Dealing with illegal or inappropriate posts is not part of my role. Please report them to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are mine not official MoneySavingExpert ones.
    • macaroni
    • By macaroni 10th Dec 07, 1:07 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    macaroni
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:07 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:07 PM
    Its only Worcester Sauce ones, not the PROPER and ORIGINAL ones !!!
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 10th Dec 07, 1:19 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:19 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:19 PM
    The proper and originals are not good -who wants marmite flavour when worcester sauce is available! Tangy Twiglets ruled... and should rule again!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • LuciferTDark
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:24 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:24 PM
    The Original Marmite flavoured Twiglets are the best.
    Winnings
    01/12/07 Baileys Cocktail Shaker

My other signature is in English.
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 10th Dec 07, 1:26 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:26 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:26 PM
    The Original Marmite flavoured Twiglets are the best.
    Originally posted by LuciferTDark
    Tosh.... dear me I thought better of MoneySavers
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
    • juno
    • By juno 10th Dec 07, 1:33 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 9,153 Thanks
    juno
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:33 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 1:33 PM
    Can't you just make them yourself like Mr Bean?
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt £4578.27 £0.00
    100% paid off

• LuciferTDark
    Tosh.... dear me I thought better of MoneySavers
    Originally posted by MSE Martin
    HELP!!!! Martin's picking on me just cause he's been on telly.
    Winnings
    01/12/07 Baileys Cocktail Shaker

My other signature is in English.
    • reehsetin
    • By reehsetin 10th Dec 07, 1:46 PM
    • 4,818 Posts
    • 4,554 Thanks
    reehsetin
    try mr bean style, twigs dipped in marmite (or in your case something tangy)
    Yes Your Dukeiness
  • froggy_girl128
    These do sound nice!
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
    • macaroni
    • By macaroni 10th Dec 07, 3:21 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    macaroni
    The proper and originals are not good -who wants marmite flavour when worcester sauce is available! Tangy Twiglets ruled... and should rule again!
    Originally posted by MSE Martin
    Dip them in worcester sauce if youre that bothered
  • Stephen Leak
    Hello. My name is Stephen and I am a Marmite addict.

The therapy must be working, as I didn't even realise there was an alternative Twiglet flavour available. However, is it not possible that the firm discontinued them simply because people just didn't buy enough of them?
    Last edited by Stephen Leak; 10-12-2007 at 3:32 PM.
    • Smiley_Mum
    • By Smiley_Mum 10th Dec 07, 5:01 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 2,914 Thanks
    Smiley_Mum
    Surely there must be some small independent retailers around that have tangy twiglets for sale. Have you tried Ebay? :-)

I've come across these worcester sauce pretzels, they have a similar texture to twiglets, might be worth a shot...

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/651913_Pretz_Worcester_Sauce_Low_Fat_Pretzels_30g_ _30_pack_.html

I wrote to the company who makes these asking where I could buy them after having some on a flight one time. They sent me a sample box of them in return. Very good they were too. :-)

http://www.pretzel.co.uk/psp_buyonline.asp
    Last edited by Smiley_Mum; 10-12-2007 at 5:15 PM.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Edinburghlass
    http://www.britstore.co.uk/item956.htm
  • Lotta Littlies
    I've come across these worcester sauce pretzels, they have a similar texture to twiglets, might be worth a shot...

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/651913_Pretz_Worcester_Sauce_Low_Fat_Pretzels_30g_ _30_pack_.html
    Originally posted by Smiley_Mum
    Can you get them cheaper anywhere else?

Anyway, the original flavour are far, far better.

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
    • almillar
    • By almillar 12th Dec 07, 9:41 AM
    • 7,890 Posts
    • 3,244 Thanks
    almillar
    I think there's room in the world for both of them. And what's this about only having them at Christmas?! Theyre pretty low fat and good for you relatively BTW...
    • Fella
    • By Fella 12th Dec 07, 4:53 PM
    • 7,615 Posts
    • 8,951 Thanks
    Fella
    If you're going to do a campaign then PLEASE do a campaign to bring back Galaxy counters (remember the ones with the toucan on the packet). The only way you can get them now is buy buying revels & picking them out (for those who don't know, they're the ones like minstrels but without the candy shell).

Twiglets are gross & smell like fanny.
    • macaroni
    • By macaroni 12th Dec 07, 5:19 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    macaroni
    If you're going to do a campaign then PLEASE do a campaign to bring back Galaxy counters (remember the ones with the toucan on the packet). The only way you can get them now is buy buying revels & picking them out (for those who don't know, they're the ones like minstrels but without the candy shell).

Twiglets are gross & smell like fanny.
    Originally posted by Fella
    I dont remember those, but I do like the ones in Revels !!

Not sure what youve been smelling but they dont smell like that to me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,983Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin