Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 16th Jul 16, 12:15 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    0 WOW
    Turkey crisis your travel rights
    • 16th Jul 16, 12:15 PM
    0 WOW
    Turkey crisis your travel rights 16th Jul 16 at 12:15 PM
    The crisis in Turkey means tens of thousands of holidaymakers have had their travel plans thrown into chaos just as the peak holiday season is set to kick off...
    Read the full story:
    'Turkey crisis your travel rights'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havent already, join the forum to reply. If you arent sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 18-07-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Page 1
    • two_n_six
    • By two_n_six 16th Jul 16, 1:41 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    two_n_six
    • 16th Jul 16, 1:41 PM
    • 16th Jul 16, 1:41 PM
    My cruise company has changed Istanbul to Athens for our departure port and I had made my own travel arrangements. British Airways allowed me to transfer my flights to Athens and have only charged the difference in flight costs and no change fees. Hilton Doubletree on the other hand will not refund as I had made an advance non refundable booking. I had asked if I could transfer to another Hilton instead but still they refused to budge. They have however allowed me to change my dates to anytime before the end of the calendar year if I so wish.
    I know that the booking was non refundable but I would have thought that Hilton being the company they are would have been a bit more sympathetic due to the situation in Istanbul. It has left a slightly sour taste for me and as a result will probably avoid staying with them in the future.
    • jaybeetoo
    • By jaybeetoo 16th Jul 16, 1:47 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 585 Thanks
    jaybeetoo
    • 16th Jul 16, 1:47 PM
    • 16th Jul 16, 1:47 PM
    I think Hilton could be a franchise so the hotel in Instanbul may not be financially connected to the one in Athens.
    • two_n_six
    • By two_n_six 16th Jul 16, 2:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    two_n_six
    • 16th Jul 16, 2:24 PM
    • 16th Jul 16, 2:24 PM
    I think Hilton could be a franchise so the hotel in Instanbul may not be financially connected to the one in Athens.
    Originally posted by jaybeetoo
    That's a good shout and probably why I had to deal with the hotel direct. Fortunately it's only money and I'm not in the situation that all those poor people over there have been caught up in.
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 16th Jul 16, 3:40 PM
    • 13,113 Posts
    • 11,189 Thanks
    paddyrg
    • 16th Jul 16, 3:40 PM
    • 16th Jul 16, 3:40 PM
    I'd ask your insurers, see if they'll help?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

766Posts Today

7,460Users online

Martin's Twitter