Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • chiny
    • By chiny 4th May 16, 2:53 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    chiny
    • 4th May 16, 2:53 PM
    • 4th May 16, 2:53 PM
    Difficult to argue with the might of the AA and the ABI but rapidly rising car insurance costs have not been my experience for many years; quite the reverse, I experience slowly falling prices. I'm away from my records right now but recall that Mrs Chiny paid £98 a few weeks ago, down from £105 previously and (struggling a bit) perhaps £135 ish a few years back.

Of course, one half-example proves absolutely nothing, so I will carry on wondering whether the AA and the ABI have an interest in prices rising. Or maybe my MSE skills are very finely honed ��
    • youth leader
    • By youth leader 18th May 16, 4:15 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    youth leader
    • 18th May 16, 4:15 PM
    Can anyone help me please?
    • 18th May 16, 4:15 PM
    Hello - my husband died yesterday, and my daughter is expecting him to collect her and all of her things from Leeds at the weekend.

My car insurance is due for renewal on 28 May and I have just phoned and asked to put my 22 year old son on for a week - they have refused. He has his own little Corsa car, I have a Nissan X trail.

Apparently if I bring my insurance renewal date forward a company called Sabre will allow me to put him on .... for £364.00 per month.

How crackers is the insurance business now?

I don't know what to do. I'm too scared of motorway driving to do it myself, this is awful.
    £216 saved 24 October 2014
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th May 16, 4:30 PM
    • 38,831 Posts
    • 22,777 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th May 16, 4:30 PM
    • 18th May 16, 4:30 PM
    See if another trusted and more mature friend/relative can do the trip and get on your insurance (or use their own vehicle)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,476Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick twitter poll: Will Theresa May still be the PM of the UK a week today?

• Thank you for all the sensitive teeth rememedies. I'm going to try (not the alchohol ones though - on air early tomorrow)

• Grrrr. I've sensitive tooth pain after going to the dentist last week for a filling. I've been putting sensodyne? https://t.co/A1Q8sdSukK

• Follow Martin