Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 17th Feb 16, 11:43 AM
    • 274Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Luke
    MSE News: Urgent the MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4 ends soon
    • 17th Feb 16, 11:43 AM
    MSE News: Urgent the MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4 ends soon 17th Feb 16 at 11:43 AM
    The clock's ticking for you to take advantage of cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity...
    Read the full story:
    'Urgent the MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4 ends soon'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havent already, join the forum to reply. If you arent sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 17th Feb 16, 11:57 AM
    • 965 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    • 17th Feb 16, 11:57 AM
    • 17th Feb 16, 11:57 AM
    waste of time for me, my current Eon Sept 15 MSE collective is STILL cheaper than your CURRENT collective believe it or not lol
    • Rubidium
    • By Rubidium 17th Feb 16, 12:02 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 438 Thanks
    Rubidium
    • 17th Feb 16, 12:02 PM
    • 17th Feb 16, 12:02 PM
    Your post would have more credibility if you stopped regurgitating the attention grabbing headline:

cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity...

as shown in this thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5414102
    • Minx1986
    • By Minx1986 21st Feb 16, 12:42 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Minx1986
    • 21st Feb 16, 12:42 PM
    • 21st Feb 16, 12:42 PM
    really disapointed, I wanted to switch, but Sainsburys Energy were insistant that I had to wait until 42 days before or I would be charged an exit penelty, so I've now missed out by 4 days Whens the next big switch?
    26/05/2018 = I DID IT! I am DEBT FREE!
    Debts repaid since 06/02/2015 = 23,079
    Mortgage...forever!!!! - But who cares, when all I've ever wanted is my own place!
    • MSE Roxanne
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Roxanne Verified User verified user 22nd Feb 16, 12:10 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    MSE Roxanne
    • 22nd Feb 16, 12:10 PM
    • 22nd Feb 16, 12:10 PM
    really disapointed, I wanted to switch, but Sainsburys Energy were insistant that I had to wait until 42 days before or I would be charged an exit penelty, so I've now missed out by 4 days Whens the next big switch?
    Originally posted by Minx1986
    Hi Minx1986,

We don't have details for any future collectives just yet! When we do, it'll be written about in the weekly email:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 22nd Feb 16, 12:47 PM
    • 5,909 Posts
    • 3,884 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 22nd Feb 16, 12:47 PM
    • 22nd Feb 16, 12:47 PM
    Noodle have a big switch going on if you signed up for it. Some might be cheaper than the BG event
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • Nathan94
    • By Nathan94 22nd Feb 16, 12:59 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Nathan94
    • 22nd Feb 16, 12:59 PM
    • 22nd Feb 16, 12:59 PM
    Noodle have a big switch going on if you signed up for it. Some might be cheaper than the BG event
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    Did you mean Noddle?

If so, that's just another disguised EnergyHelpLine comparison.

I'd suggest using Tariff Team (another disguisd EHL site) but they will give you a possible 30 cashback
    • audigex
    • By audigex 22nd Feb 16, 1:05 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    audigex
    • 22nd Feb 16, 1:05 PM
    • 22nd Feb 16, 1:05 PM
    Your post would have more credibility if you stopped regurgitating the attention grabbing headline:

cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity...

as shown in this thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5414102
    Originally posted by Rubidium
    While true, there's a valid point that for most people it is cheaper than the cheapest. Perhaps they could have been super-clear either in the title or elsewhere that it's possible, in some circumstances, to beat it...

At the same time I'll say that to me, it's a shame that forum membership doesn't count towards the "Existing member" definition. I've been a member on here for a long time but hadn't seen the list to sign up for these switches
    "You did not pull yourself up by your bootstraps. You were lucky enough to come of age at a time when housing was cheap, welfare was generous, and inflation was high enough to wipe out any debts you acquired. Im pleased for you, but please stop being so unbearably smug about it."
    • jrs101
    • By jrs101 24th Feb 16, 8:05 AM
    • 142 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jrs101
    • 24th Feb 16, 8:05 AM
    Energy switch to another tariff
    • 24th Feb 16, 8:05 AM
    Hello

I am an existing customer of Npower and another tariff of there's has come up top on the CEC list.

I want to know would I receive cashback of 30 if I switch tariff?

thanks
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 24th Feb 16, 10:39 AM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Hello

I am an existing customer of Npower and another tariff of there's has come up top on the CEC list.

thanks
    Originally posted by jrs101
    Hi there

You can currently switch tariffs with Npower through CEC and you would remain eligible for cashback after 3 months,.
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 24th Feb 16, 10:45 AM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Hello

thanks
    Hi there

You can currently switch tariffs with Npower through CEC and you would remain eligible for cashback after 3 months.
    • jrs101
    • By jrs101 24th Feb 16, 1:42 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jrs101
    Hi there

You can currently switch tariffs with Npower through CEC and you would remain eligible for cashback after 3 months.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Hi Dan,

Thanks.

Do MSE guarantee this in this scenario?
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 24th Feb 16, 3:08 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Hi Dan,

Thanks.

Cashback is funded by the supplier's referral fee. If we get the fee, then yes we will split this with you and pay the cashback.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 24th Feb 16, 3:21 PM
    • 4,135 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    Hi Dan,

Thanks.

According to MSE Martin, your cashback will be guaranteed once it lands in your bank account.

Until that time, there are no guarantees regarding cashback...
    • clive764
    • By clive764 25th Feb 16, 10:01 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    clive764
    Just a word of warning....I was/am an existing Green Star Energy customer and I am in the process of switching to the Energy Club's recommended 3 year fixed deal, again with Green Star. Things seem to be going smoothly apart from when I received confirmation of the switch through the post from Green Star, the "new" direct debit amount quoted was exactly the same as I am paying now despite the new tariff being cheaper. When I queried this with Green Star customer services I was told that the direct debit would remain the same, unless I asked for a recalculation. Which of course I did. I was told this was standard Green Star practice. They recalculated there and then, even though it took about 11 minutes of being on hold on the telephone. The new amount was just over 11 a month cheaper, not the 16 indicated by the Energy Club figures.
    So just be aware of this "scam", not sure if it applies to any other suppliers.
    • Joyful
    • By Joyful 16th Jun 16, 8:57 PM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    Joyful
    I am in the BG Feb 2013 collective switch but have not received the 30 cashback. Who do I speak to please?
    ****Released the reins and am now Self employed****
    • MSE Roxanne
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Roxanne Verified User verified user 17th Jun 16, 10:59 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    MSE Roxanne
    I am in the BG Feb 2013 collective switch but have not received the 30 cashback. Who do I speak to please?
    Originally posted by Joyful
    Hi Joyful,

We chase suppliers for outstanding updates/cashback in the background, so you should receive an email to let you know that cashback's been paid once it's been issued to you.

If it gets to 6 months after your switch completed and you still haven't received the cashback, drop us an email to energyclub AT moneysavingexpert. com and one of our team can chase this up for you.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Joyful
    • By Joyful 17th Jun 16, 11:03 AM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    Joyful
    Thank you.
    ****Released the reins and am now Self employed****
    • flyingflea
    • By flyingflea 5th Aug 16, 2:05 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    flyingflea
    Sorry to bump an old thread but is there likely to be another big collective switch soon as mine is about to come to an end and don't know if it's worth hanging around a bit for the next one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

1,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin