Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 4th Feb 16, 4:19 PM
    • 274Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Luke
    MSE News: The MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4
    • 4th Feb 16, 4:19 PM
    MSE News: The MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4 4th Feb 16 at 4:19 PM
    We've negotiated cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity Ė choose from short or long fix, elec-only or 100% green...
    Read the full story:
    'The MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • newlayabout
    • By newlayabout 10th Feb 16, 6:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    newlayabout
    • 10th Feb 16, 6:03 PM
    • 10th Feb 16, 6:03 PM
    I'm hoping it's not going wrong. I signed up on the day it was announced. Today I got a text saying i need to ring British Gas with some meter details to proceed with the switch. I rang them and they knew nothing about it. They had my Sainsburys energy details but no knowledge of any switch in progress so they suggested I try switching again. I asked how come I got a text asking me to call about the switch, if there is no record of the switch? They didn't know. Will give it a few more days, but not a good start.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 10th Feb 16, 7:04 PM
    • 4,135 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 10th Feb 16, 7:04 PM
    • 10th Feb 16, 7:04 PM
    I'm hoping it's not going wrong. I signed up on the day it was announced. Today I got a text saying i need to ring British Gas with some meter details to proceed with the switch. I rang them and they knew nothing about it. They had my Sainsburys energy details but no knowledge of any switch in progress so they suggested I try switching again. I asked how come I got a text asking me to call about the switch, if there is no record of the switch? They didn't know. Will give it a few more days, but not a good start.
    Originally posted by newlayabout
    This doesn't make much sense.

Why would BG text you saying you "need to ring British Gas with some meter details to proceed with the switch" if they have no knowledge of your switch request?

Are they also denying they sent you that text message?
    • newlayabout
    • By newlayabout 10th Feb 16, 9:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    newlayabout
    • 10th Feb 16, 9:48 PM
    • 10th Feb 16, 9:48 PM
    Not denying sending the text, just didn't know anything about it. Probably incompatible and non integrated systems that don't talk to each other. We will see.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 11th Feb 16, 7:43 AM
    • 1,541 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 11th Feb 16, 7:43 AM
    • 11th Feb 16, 7:43 AM
    Did you call the special hotline for the MSE switch on 0800 975 9712 as given by MSE Dan L in the thread MSE Dan L MSE BG hotline in thread 7
    • newlayabout
    • By newlayabout 11th Feb 16, 9:23 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    newlayabout
    • 11th Feb 16, 9:23 AM
    • 11th Feb 16, 9:23 AM
    Thanks I hadn't seen that number. Will call it if I haven't heard anything in the next couple of days.
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Feb 16, 10:58 AM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    • 11th Feb 16, 10:58 AM
    • 11th Feb 16, 10:58 AM
    Please do use the special collective contact details at this link.
    https://cheapenergyclub.moneysavingexpert.com/collectiveswitch#faqsone

That team has had special training and privileged access so you should get a smoother experience when contacting by using that number (it is the same one we show on your switch confirmation page).
    • AndyJ52
    • By AndyJ52 12th Feb 16, 8:47 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    AndyJ52
    • 12th Feb 16, 8:47 AM
    • 12th Feb 16, 8:47 AM
    Hi MSE Dan L
    Just a quick question for you if I may.
    I switched in December from SP to BG via CEC to the Collective Fix December 2016. Today I've received an email from CEC about the latest offer from BG ....Collective Fix Feb 2017.
    Having registered for the CF 2016 and having received the email about the latest offer from BG via CEC am I entitled to simply switch again? I haven't registered for this latest switch anywhere - should I have done?
    If so how can I do that?
    Many thanks in advance for all & any guidance that you can offer.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 12th Feb 16, 8:53 AM
    • 1,541 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 12th Feb 16, 8:53 AM
    • 12th Feb 16, 8:53 AM
    All existing CEC customers were automatically enrolled onto the new MSE Collective (allowed by the regulator OFGEM) so yes you are eligible.

Just go to CEC and do a new comparison and see the results.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,116Posts Today

6,861Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter Poll: Will you be voting in tomorrows European elections? If so will it be for a party you've no? https://t.co/YJ9XqAZ8u4

• This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• Follow Martin