Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 2nd Feb 16, 8:20 PM
    • 274Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Luke
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Tastecard members stung by 40 fee after auto-renewal don't be caught out
    • 2nd Feb 16, 8:20 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Tastecard members stung by 40 fee after auto-renewal don't be caught out 2nd Feb 16 at 8:20 PM
    Restaurant discount scheme Tastecard is facing a catalogue of complaints and negative feedback from users stung by a 40 fee after being auto-renewed...
    Read the full story:
    'Tastecard members stung by 40 fee after auto-renewal don't be caught out'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havent already, join the forum to reply. If you arent sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • newpuppy
    • By newpuppy 3rd Feb 16, 8:44 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    newpuppy
    • 3rd Feb 16, 8:44 AM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 8:44 AM
    A big thank you to MSE for a timely reminder about cancelling the autorenew on my TasteCard subscription. Phew!
    • minislim
    • By minislim 3rd Feb 16, 9:53 AM
    • 330 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    minislim
    • 3rd Feb 16, 9:53 AM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 9:53 AM
    considering this low level dodgy way tastecard appears to be treating its customers, ripping them off and refusing to refund money.

i do hope tastecard will not be endorsed any longer on here!
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 3rd Feb 16, 10:39 AM
    • 1,453 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    Roger1
    • 3rd Feb 16, 10:39 AM
    Gourmet Society too
    • 3rd Feb 16, 10:39 AM
    Taste Marketing Ltd says Gourmet Society members are sent an email reminder 21 days before their membership expires, and that this email "clearly states the date that a cancellation code needs to be obtained by, the membership number and instruction on how to do this".
    by MSE
    That's what they're telling me, except that the renewal e-mail was sent and received after it was too late to cancel.

They're trying to give me the runaround, and are even referring to a phone call I didn't make. I get the impression that they're making things up as they go along.

I'm pursuing.
    • Takeaway_Addict
    • By Takeaway_Addict 3rd Feb 16, 12:05 PM
    • 6,015 Posts
    • 6,984 Thanks
    Takeaway_Addict
    • 3rd Feb 16, 12:05 PM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 12:05 PM
    10 seperate occasions customers are told about autorenewals....so where is the responsibility from those who have not tried to cancel and been caught out?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,294Posts Today

5,564Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin