Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 6th Jan 16, 4:23 PM
    • 274Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Luke
    MSE News: 21 New Year's resolutions to save £1,000s
    • 6th Jan 16, 4:23 PM
    MSE News: 21 New Year's resolutions to save £1,000s 6th Jan 16 at 4:23 PM
    Most resolutions hardly outlast Christmas turkey leftovers, but if you do these now, the impact's felt all year...
    Read the full story:
    '21 New Year's resolutions to save £1,000s'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • undercover_peon
    • By undercover_peon 6th Jan 16, 10:17 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    undercover_peon
    • 6th Jan 16, 10:17 PM
    • 6th Jan 16, 10:17 PM
    I tried to claim the married couple allowance. Having failed to do so online I tried ringing but sadly didn't have 35 minutes to spare just to speak to someone.

Why can't they just do it the old school way and send a form out? It's almost like they don't want people to claim it...
    • colsten
    • By colsten 6th Jan 16, 10:53 PM
    • 10,303 Posts
    • 9,483 Thanks
    colsten
    • 6th Jan 16, 10:53 PM
    • 6th Jan 16, 10:53 PM
    I tried to claim the married couple allowance. Having failed to do so online I tried ringing but sadly didn't have 35 minutes to spare just to speak to someone.

Why can't they just do it the old school way and send a form out? It's almost like they don't want people to claim it...
    Originally posted by undercover_peon
    You should be able to do this online. What didn't work? Did you use this link: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance
    • undercover_peon
    • By undercover_peon 7th Jan 16, 1:22 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    undercover_peon
    • 7th Jan 16, 1:22 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 1:22 PM
    I didn't have the exact amount from wife's P60 to hand.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 7th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    • 10,303 Posts
    • 9,483 Thanks
    colsten
    • 7th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    That's hardly the fault of the online system. You do need to have all your information for your application, and it tells you on page 1 that you need details from the P60.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,528Posts Today

6,587Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The maths is wrong. Even if MPs weren't given a penny by the state in salary or expenses, it'd save a trivial count? https://t.co/Kgskcjd6eG

• What an utterly depressing watch this is. I think the MP handles it as well as possible. Good on him for not just t? https://t.co/LrSY56HbPA

• RT @Caitch22: @MartinSLewis Maybe the cheap housing, final salary scheme generation that want to tax the young should pay for their own car?

• Follow Martin