Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 2nd Dec 15, 12:09 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    MSE News: New Help to Buy ISAs - free cash
    • 2nd Dec 15, 12:09 PM
    MSE News: New Help to Buy ISAs - free cash 2nd Dec 15 at 12:09 PM
    In a government push to help first-time buyers, this week Help to Buy (H2B) ISA savings launched. Here are the basics......

Read the full story:

New Help to Buy ISAs - free cash

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • Archi Bald
    • By Archi Bald 2nd Dec 15, 1:15 PM
    • 9,376 Posts
    • 7,432 Thanks
    Archi Bald
    • 2nd Dec 15, 1:15 PM
    • 2nd Dec 15, 1:15 PM
    Could you please add the Nationwide FlexClusive Regular Saver (5% AER, up to £500/month) to your Top Regular Savers list? Ta.
    • potofgold
    • By potofgold 2nd Dec 15, 3:39 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    potofgold
    • 2nd Dec 15, 3:39 PM
    • 2nd Dec 15, 3:39 PM
    Hello,
    I just wanted to ask if anyone could answer my question as I am a bit confused.
    I am buying a property with a friend and we will own half each, my half will be 160,000 so I will be under the threshold and able to save in the Help to Buy ISA but the property value as a whole will be above. Do I qualify to save this way?
    Thank you for your help
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 2nd Dec 15, 4:16 PM
    • 10,150 Posts
    • 12,260 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 2nd Dec 15, 4:16 PM
    • 2nd Dec 15, 4:16 PM
    I am buying a property with a friend and we will own half each, my half will be 160,000 so I will be under the threshold and able to save in the Help to Buy ISA but the property value as a whole will be above. Do I qualify to save this way?
    Originally posted by potofgold
    Only if it's in London. It's the property value rather than an individual's share that counts, so if the property costs more than £250K (or £450K in London) then the HTB scheme doesn't apply.
    • zmblake
    • By zmblake 2nd Dec 15, 4:42 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    zmblake
    • 2nd Dec 15, 4:42 PM
    • 2nd Dec 15, 4:42 PM
    Not sure if anyone can help but husband and I are currently renting, looking to buy in the next 12 months. However I don't think we are eligable for the Government H2B ISA as we have owned a property previously - we brought a 1 bedroom house in 2008 and sold it in 2013 and been renting privately since due to not being afford to get a mortgage. Therefore as we have have brought a property in the past and even though we now don't own any property, are we still classed as First Tine Buyers?! I don't think we are eligable as we have brought a property before despite the fact that we since sold it but husband thinks we could be. Many thanks x
    • Archi Bald
    • By Archi Bald 2nd Dec 15, 5:14 PM
    • 9,376 Posts
    • 7,432 Thanks
    Archi Bald
    • 2nd Dec 15, 5:14 PM
    • 2nd Dec 15, 5:14 PM
    You won't be eligible if you ever owned sone or all of a property.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,713Posts Today

6,783Users online

Martin's Twitter